Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gothica

• 02-03-2004 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about this? I'm told it's a brill horror, but Halle Berry is in it. I can't imagine her in a horror.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Read 2 or 3 reviews and they all said it was bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Halle Berry is in it. I can't imagine her in a horror.

Man I hate Halle Berry. I can't watch any movie she's in! Plus 'Gothika' has Penelope Cruz. I'm scared to see the movie already :eek:
    Trailer looks alright, and the premise is sorta interesting but I haven't heard any good comments about the movie so I don't think I'd be too bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Worth the admission money (just about). Some good scares, but its a bit boring in places. About half way through the movie I thought I had it figured out, but it went down a completely different route, so thumbs up for that. Berry was good, but Cruz was as annoying as ever.

Now for some spoilerish opinion.....
    The whole spontaneous combustion link was a premonition of the way the main bad guy was going to die? Please..... gimme a break. Berry actually DID kill her husband as a result of the psychic experience with the girl, and she wrote Not Alone on the walls in her husbands blood as a clue to herself when she got back to the house? Pleeeeeeeease..... gimme a break. Thought the end was a bit hokey, possibly opening it up for a sequel or *shock horror* a TV series.

Not gonna win any oscars, but some good scares. Lots of little squeals of terror from the girls in the audience, which got some laughs from everyone else. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The trailer looks good to me, might just go see it, while all the muppets are flocking to see Scooby Doo 2!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Saw it, average at best.
    I agree with TmB and also Robert Downy Jr., what was his role in the film, he served nothing to the plot but to be a decoy, and not a very convincing one. Also it didn't explain in any way how or why he turned from a slovenly joker to a stylish professional while Halle was catatonic.

Really poorly edited and erratics plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I've only seen the short trailer (what is it, 15sec?) but that was more than enough for me. Selling the film on the "She's already dead line" alone, is a bit cheap, in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Kalina
    The trailer looks good to me, might just go see it, while all the muppets are flocking to see Scooby Doo 2!! :rolleyes:

It took a year to reach these shores from when it first aired in US cinemas... should be shown in your neck of the woods around 2007 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by syke
    It took a year to reach these shores from when it first aired in US cinemas... should be shown in your neck of the woods around 2007 :p

Oooooh, I can hardly wait!! :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Had good scares but no classic. Im not a fan of the 2 female leads and whats up with halle berry becomming a white woman all of a sudden. Is she going the route of jacko. I saw a photo of her in the paper and thought it was Sigorni Weaver or someone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement