Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GFX card on a budget

• 02-03-2004 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

My dad was asking for my advice as his geforce 2 ultra just went on the blink about buying a new gfx card...

he thinks im nuts for spending so much on my 9800 pro (and previously a FX5900ultra) a few months back and wouldnt go to my extents, but was asking me for recommendations to buy between about 70 odd quid sterling tops (he goes to australia in a few weeks so hasnt got much money to splash out)

He uses it for Tiger woods 2004 etc and a couple other strategy games and likes to see them run nice and smooth..

Now i was looking at a few cards on komplett (the .co.uk not .ie as hes in scotland)

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=119062&cks=PRL

Would that do the job he is looking for or would a cheaper alternative do the job for him?

After finally making my change over to Ati recently (using geforces for years..) i am convinced the radeon are a better series of cards to buy than any FX card and trying to convince others of the errors of there ways!

Any recommendations ? (can be from another uk site aswell but always found komplett to be good...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hmmm, i ordered one of those for myself a few days ago...
    will post a few benchmark scores here when i get it...

seems to be the best card you can get for that kind of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Your choice is the right one the 9600 is a very good card and will run any of the games you mentioned.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If he's not playing any graphic intense programs the 9200 might do him. That will run those games fine and its cheaper.

BloodBath

Advertisement