Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line failing - help!!!

• 02-03-2004 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked a few times but can't seem to find it - I'm less than 1.5 km from the broadband relay in my area (limit I was told by Eircom is 3.5km) , the house is barely 18 months old (new line) and a neighbour 100 metres up the road has broadband but my line keeps failing, Eircom just telling me to live with it, won't tell me what's wrong.. What options do I have??? In Limerick by the way.

Sound,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is a typical problem for Limerick. It's Eircoms way of saying; "sorry, our insurance doesn't cover stab wounds".

Live with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

My line was failing for months and i live less than a 5 minute walk from my exchange. I read on some post that if u leave 1 ordinary telephone (no screen, caller ID) etc. plugged in for a month(coz this id how often €ircom check the line for BB suitability) the line will pass. I had 2 sky boxes,caller Id, and 2 telephones took these all out and left an ordinary phone plugged in the original eircom socket for one month and the line finally passed.
    I decided against BB at the time after all that and plugged everything back in and the line now fails again. I presume after you get BB u'll be ok plugging everthing back in again,
    Hope this helps.

Originally posted by dlofnep
    This is a typical problem for Limerick. It's Eircoms way of saying; "sorry, our insurance doesn't cover stab wounds".

Live with it.

What an ignorant answer. I bet you have never been there in your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It was a 'joke'.
    What an ignorant answer. I bet you have never been there in your life.

Define ignorance; Your assumption was just that. :)

Shannon: If eircom have stated it is not suitable for broadband, they should have a valid reason. Distance is not the only thing to take into account for a rejected order. It could be very well a product on the line that conflicts with broadband. Interactive house alarms amongst other things fall into this catagory.

Call Eircom up again and push for an answer; if the agent cannot give you one, it's most likely because they do not know. Ask to speak to a provisioning team or a supervisor.

Advertisement