Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Tomb Raider!

Options
  • 02-03-2004 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Apparently,
    The next Tomb Raider game, after being taken from "Core" will be developed by Crystal Dynamics of "soul reaver" fame.
    But the big news now is that Ion Storm Head honcho Warren Spector is to help with it.

I'm really not a fan of any Tomb Raider game but this really has sparked my interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

After the colossal, and laughable, disappointment that was The angel of darkenss..They REALLY need to pull a rabbit out of a hat with whatever theyre planning next for Lara. The TR series has already become a bit of a joke now, and it'll take something very special to get peoples faith back in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't think anyone could make a tomb raider game as good as the first 2 without making it something thats not tomb raider. But to be honest the series wasn't terrible before angel of darkness, it was just very very average. The new one should be every bit as linear as the first 2, have some nice confusing but still not crazy puzzles, some nice action sequences, and of course something really big that rivals the T-Rex from the original for scariness. But i have a strange feeling it will be just another **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, this game will either make or break our girl Lara. Personally, I feel it's about time she quits the gaming business.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

There was a time when she could of been Mario with breasts shootin from the hip... thoses days are long long gone, however Crystal will make a damn fine game, people talk of the game as if its truly a reflection of the character...

In honesty Lara Croft is a kick ass character... Core are just ****... well maybe just Jeremy Heath Smith... would love to see an actual breakdown of the games development, really did not look like a 5 year project at all....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Prince of Persia has really shown up tomb raider. They were all crap anyway except the frst one which was great. As soon as they took the games out of the ancient ruins and sights and put it in uninteresting oil rigs and cities it just got a little silly and off the whole point of the first game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement