Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop casing crack

• 02-03-2004 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Purchased a laptop about 2 years ago through Targa Computers in Germany. It's a Targa Visionary notebook, one with a plastic casing. I know of 3 other people who have hairline cracks in the lid casing, probably due to stress of opening and closing the lid.

Does anyone know any way to repair or at least prevent further cracking as my warranty has since run out. Also, does anybody know how much damage can be done if the crack is not seen to?:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

you could fill it in with an epoxide(sp?)(superglue), or some other plastic glue, but epox works the best imo, but be careful! cover the area around the crack with a paper or something and fill it fully, so some of the clue comes out, when it dries, cut the part that is sticking out but not all leave some and sand it carefully to the shape of your case lid, then paint it with the same color as your case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Danilo

I was kind of worried about the glue leaking into the actual screen. The crack is on the top of the near the right hinge. Have you done this before?

no i haven't, but, you have to dissasamble the laptop before doing anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Danilo

ah.... Yea, I think I better leave that one so.

Thanks anyway

lol, better not touch it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement