Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does the future hold for Edge?

• 02-03-2004 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i think he'd work better on smackdown. give him a solid us title run, and feed him people like rhyno, fbi etc.

if he goes back to raw he will inevitably (after being squashed by HHH) be put in an angle either with christian or matt hardy, and thats been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'd like to see him at least start off on Smackdown, just for continuity reasons.

But I still don't think he's a believable world champion at the moment. He just looks too skinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

SD.
    A solid title run. I don't think he's too skinny. Look at Benoit or Guerro. Too small men!
    Eventually i would like to see him on raw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Due to HHH's pulling power in the wwe edge may end up on raw, only to be squashed by HHH(unless they get their act together and do the face turn soon).
    Sadly they may stick him on because with goldberg leaving, they'll need a new popular face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

I agree that Edge isnt a believeable champion. I don't think they'll ever give him the title. But after saying that two months ago i would have said they would give the title to Eddie so anything is possible these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

How can you say Edge isnt a believable champ. Im convinced most of you guys dont even watch wrestling. Look at Edges matches before he left. He was in high profile matches with Angle and if he can come out of those matches a belivable winner, especially with angle in the title run at that time, why cant he be a proper champion. Eddie is the WWE champ, Benoit is in the hunt for the world title at WM main event.

However Benoit seems to be getting lost in the shuffle already. U cannot dispute the fact that he has been over shadowed by the HHH/Michaels fewd. His winning the royal rumble almost seems pointless now.

Raw is turning in to a place where smackdown stars go to fuk up their carrers.

Edge should stay on Smackers. F*CK what HHH wants...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

I just can't see Edge as the wwe Champion sure he has been in some high profile matches with Angle i just can't see him as Champ but as i said anything can happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah he sould go to SD. Especially with the Rock back on Raw now too (although who knows how long he'll stay? - but I'd expect him to be main event at Backlash for the title)

Although with Goldberg gone they might fancy having someone around Raw with a good spear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by James R
    Yeah he sould go to SD. Especially with the Rock back on Raw now too (although who knows how long he'll stay? - but I'd expect him to be main event at Backlash for the title)

Although with Goldberg gone they might fancy having someone around Raw with a good spear :)

It's very unlikely the rock will be involved with the title pisture, he's not coming back to the wwe in anything resembling a full time role, i doubt he'll be around very long after wmxx. There's pretty much no chance of him returning to the wwe on a full time basis, considering he can make millions(and apparantly he's into double figures) making movies and not taking any bumps or chair shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah didn't really expect it but I was just thinking last time he came back he got into a bitch fight with Lesnar and when that was over he left then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by The Phenom
    I just can't see Edge as the wwe Champion sure he has been in some high profile matches with Angle i just can't see him as Champ but as i said anything can happen

Yeah but bear in mind, those high profile matches with Angle? They were both stuck in the midcard at the time it happened. As much as i like Edge, i can't see him being a convincing champion, just like I couldn't see E&C as convincing heels, they were too over to be heels.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

To be honest, I believe that Edge's home is Smackdown. With Edge getting injured, I don't believe that they will just drop the Edge/Rey tag team. That's too good to disappear. Edge's opponents would most likely be Rhyno, Eddie, Billy Gunn, FBI, Bashams and Cena. Edge's is a great worker in the ring and I think the experience he could pass onto Cena would eventually lead to Cena holding the Title. What do you all think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I'd agree with the last part.
    I'd hate to see him with Billy Gunn. The guy is usless!

I had the misfortune of having to watch A Cold Day In Hell the other night (someone requested it, and i'm saying no names!), and on the free for all. Who was in it? None other than the ass man himself, as ROCKABILLY! Oh the cringe! THE CRINGE!!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

I think Edge is great World title material - Good image , good mic skills , good wrestling skills. He is a bit on the skinny side , or was when I last seen him , but Vince's medicine cabinet can soon sort that out

In the 18 months or so between him winning KOTR / leaving Christian and getting injured was a steady climb up the ladder for him , without peaking too early.
    He was definitely on his way to main event status at the time , rubbing shoulders with Lesnar, Benoit and Angle.

I think as soon as he has established himself again he'll do well and get one of the world straps in the next couple of years , I'd certainly put money on him winning the Rumble next year or the year after.

And HHH wanting him on Raw isn't necessarily a bad thing , he is willing to drop the belt and make some guys look good at times , I certainly don't think he has such a grudge against Edge that he'd have him snatched from SM just to squash him.

I think a heel turn would actually do wonders for Edge , as it did every other guy who made the transition from mid card to main event in the past.

And a catchphrase wouldn't do any harm either , "You think you know me " isn't the world's best T-Shirt seller.

Originally posted by Digsy

In the 18 months or so between him winning KOTR / leaving Christian and getting injured was a steady climb up the ladder for him , without peaking too early.
    He was definitely on his way to main event status at the time , rubbing shoulders with Lesnar, Benoit and Angle.

And a catchphrase wouldn't do any harm either , "You think you know me " isn't the world's best T-Shirt seller.

King Of The Ring hasn't meant diddly squat ever since HHH won it back in 1997. I mean, we all know it did wonders for Scamrock and Billy Gunn! Angle winning it in 2000 was a mere formality as he'd already had two belts and was only six months or so in the company. Same for Lesnar, he was on a massive push in 2002 so it was obvious he was going to get it.

93, 94, 96 and 97 were the only decent tournaments. the 97 one was chopped down to the semi-finals but was only worth watching as it was the beginning of the (delayed) push for Trips.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

I didn't say KOTR meant anything anymore , I just said around the time of him winning it , Edge went on a decent run up the ladder.

KOTR never really did mean anything -
    Bret winning it seemed at the time to just be a consolation prize for dropping the belt and to keep him on the backburner till he'd got real main event status

Owen and Mabel got titles shots but were never going to win them.

Austin winning it and going on the be the biggest thing ever was just coincidence , he was gonna be Huge whether he won it or not.

HHH was an obvious choice for it because of his noble gimmick but I wouldn't say it was the start of his push , just earned him the job of HBK's gimp for a year .His push started the day he starting knocking off Steph. ( And yes I know he was in line for it in 96 before the MSG thing )

Shamrock and Gunn were like Austin , winning it or not was never gonna be a career decider - it was down to them as Characters/Individuals.

All in all , KOTR was like the Rumble seems to be now , just another platform to show what you're made of , what you do with it is up to the wrestler.

Originally posted by Digsy
    All in all , KOTR was like the Rumble seems to be now , just another platform to show what you're made of , what you do with it is up to the wrestler.

The Rumble match itself though will always be interesting, unless they do what they did in 1995 and have someone running out every minute. Which made Michaels start to finish win look pitiful after spending just over half an hour in the ring as opposed to Flair's hour.

My point about the KOTR was, Edge's win was completely insignificant as his singles push was just beginning and he was still stuck in the midcard, as was Angle at the time, despite the fact he'd already held every singles belt by that point.

Nero

• Advertisement
Advertisement