Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo Stereo Code

Options
  • 02-03-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,
    Had to replace the Engine in my 94 mondeo and I dont have the code for the stereo.
    It's a standard Ford Radio and I dont have any manuals.
    I tried 1111 and 0000 but no joy and I didnt want to try 9999 in case i locked it up completely on the third attempt.

any ideas?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Contact your nearest ford dealer they will sort you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

let me know if you get the code. My friend is looking for one too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by Wavey
    Afternoon all,
    Had to replace the Engine in my 94 mondeo and I dont have the code for the stereo.
    It's a standard Ford Radio and I dont have any manuals.

On my Mondeo, the code was written the plate with the chassis number.. This was located in front of the radiator.

gerard

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pop the radio out.
    Theres 2 numbers you need off the side of the radio.Sometimes on a white sticker.
    One of them starts with something like

94fb-18k876-ca Or something like this--Dont mind the numbers Ive used it could be any combination but has to be in the above format.

And the other is a letter followed by 6 numbers like C123456

Get these for me and Ill get you the code.

Gmodified
    Get the numbers for me and Ill do the same for your mate.

Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

will do,

thanks Hellrazer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Eh, Mr. Hellrazer, how do you know how to generate/lookup Ford radio codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by GerardKeating
    On my Mondeo, the code was written on the plate with the chassis number.. This was located in front of the radiator.

gerard

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by Andrew Duffy
    Eh, Mr. Hellrazer, how do you know how to generate/lookup Ford radio codes?

I worked for Ford for nearly 8 years and still have a few contacts who can get me these codes free of charge---Some dealers charge €10-20 per code.

Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

It's often written on a sticker which is on the underside of the ashtray in Fords....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

thanks for all the replies lads.
    Will have a snoop around those locations on the car.

Hellrazor I'll post those numbers for you if i cant find the code myself.

cheers all
    Wavey

• Advertisement

Crap, I forgot that I had made 2 attempts to guess the code already and made a mistake entering the code i found under the ashtray.
    I think i may have a mild case of dyslexia!!!
    If i disconnect the battery will it give me another 3 attempts? Or is a visit to the dealership required.
    thanks
    Wavey

Originally posted by Wavey
    Crap, I forgot that I had made 2 attempts to guess the code already and made a mistake entering the code i found under the ashtray.
    I think i may have a mild case of dyslexia!!!
    If i disconnect the battery will it give me another 3 attempts? Or is a visit to the dealership required.
    thanks
    Wavey

No you dont have to visit a dealer.
    If I remember correctly you should now have 3 or 4 solid bars going across the lcd.
    You cant enter a code until these bars are flashing.

To get them to flash again you need to leave the ignition in the number one or number two position(the one in which the stereo stays on) until the bars flash.This can take anywhere up to 1.5 hours but can take as little as 15 minutes.WARNING---If you turn the ignition off during this time or start the car the clock goes back to zero and you have to start again.Its a pain leaving the keys in the ignition for so long but its part of the radio security system.

Richie

thanks for the help Hellrazor.
    will try that this evening.

Advertisement