Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EuroCup 3

Options
  • 06-02-2001 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Was talking to GodSmurf on irc tonight....

<Godsmurf`Cx> hi

<ps-El_Pres> hello

<Godsmurf`Cx> one of you said your clan wants to play in ec3

<Godsmurf`Cx> is that correct?

<ps-El_Pres> whats ec3?

<Godsmurf`Cx> eurocup 3

<ps-El_Pres> we'd love to but i dont think we would have the lpb base to do it

<ps-El_Pres> are we being considered?

<Godsmurf`Cx> indeed

<ps-El_Pres> wow

<Godsmurf`Cx> well yes but I don't think your connections allow you to compete

<ps-El_Pres> i think your right

<Godsmurf`Cx> last season we had a spanish and a portugese clan

<ps-El_Pres> it cripples us im afraid

<Godsmurf`Cx> but we're not doing that again coz of their lag

<Godsmurf`Cx> uhu

<ps-El_Pres> yes

<ps-El_Pres> well, we can decent pings to UK

<Godsmurf`Cx> would you be interested in playing in a sort of hpb cup with spanish,
    portugese etc clans?

<ps-El_Pres> but mainland europe is not really very playable

<ps-El_Pres> yes, we would

<Godsmurf`Cx> excellent

Well, to be honest PS really just dont have the amount of lpb's needed to enter the Eurocup or the "hpb" (to mainland europe) division.

Just wondering if any of the other active clans out there would be interested in forming some sort of common team to play in the eurocup.

I'd love to see an Irish team in the eurocup and would hate to see an intvitation wasted.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

When does it begin, when are matches played and over what period and frequency of time?

I think ye should definately get it together to play in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I *think* its something like each game has a certain space of time to get played over and both teams agree to a day and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by El_Presidente:
    Was talking to GodSmurf on irc tonight....

<Godsmurf`Cx> hi

<ps-El_Pres> hello

<Godsmurf`Cx> one of you said your clan wants to play in ec3

<Godsmurf`Cx> is that correct?

<ps-El_Pres> whats ec3?

<Godsmurf`Cx> eurocup 3

<ps-El_Pres> we'd love to but i dont think we would have the lpb base to do it

<ps-El_Pres> are we being considered?

<Godsmurf`Cx> indeed

<ps-El_Pres> wow

<Godsmurf`Cx> well yes but I don't think your connections allow you to compete

<ps-El_Pres> i think your right

<Godsmurf`Cx> last season we had a spanish and a portugese clan

<ps-El_Pres> it cripples us im afraid

<Godsmurf`Cx> but we're not doing that again coz of their lag

<Godsmurf`Cx> uhu

<ps-El_Pres> yes

<ps-El_Pres> well, we can decent pings to UK

<Godsmurf`Cx> would you be interested in playing in a sort of hpb cup with spanish,
    portugese etc clans?

<ps-El_Pres> but mainland europe is not really very playable

<ps-El_Pres> yes, we would

<Godsmurf`Cx> excellent

Well, to be honest PS really just dont have the amount of lpb's needed to enter the Eurocup or the "hpb" (to mainland europe) division.

Just wondering if any of the other active clans out there would be interested in forming some sort of common team to play in the eurocup.

I'd love to see an Irish team in the eurocup and would hate to see an intvitation wasted.

Anyone interested?
    </font>

Yes Andy me lad I think we should not let this invitation go to waste. Actually we can get good pings to the Clanbase servers from Ireland.
    Now how do we do this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Yep I ask godsmurf about 4 weeks ago and based on our BW league and past perfomances he was willing to let us enter the EC3. Unfortunetly as andy said we havent the best connects but with the help of some more cable/UL connects we can compete well enough i think. The thing is Godsmurf does not want a national team. e.g team.ie. It must be clan based. So he will be entering clan PS. Now this will not stop us using members from other clans. e.g nD etc. But it will be under clan PS. So not sure how you feel about that. Just to let ye know. So the guys in UL should think about this as they have the connects and can get nice pings to clanbase servers. Would be a great oportunity. So I throw the ball over to your court. Ser beast and some of the other ul players can make up a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i hear you're queer.

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi:
    So he will be entering clan PS. Now this will not stop us using members from other clans. e.g nD etc. But it will be under clan PS. </font>

No.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi:
    some of the other ul players can make up a good team. </font>

Those UL players are nD players, I know the word turns your mouth sour but they are.
    I put my 2p up on Q.ie, I would paste it in here only it would split the discussion.

Z.

Alright lads, no bother if nD dont want in on it, its no problem.

I'm sure yis could get an invite yourselves if you want one, just talk to godsmurf on irc. Tell him your embarased at how simple it is to beat all those UK clans and how you beat PS (on points)in the Irish league.

I'd say PS will still try to make a stab at entering but we will still need to be getting a few mercs in from other clans to get a player base for it.

If anyone is interested just gimmie a bell on irc.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I think there'll be alot less clans on isdn pings...more like 10/20/30 pings.

Yeah, we will be very badly outpinged but hey, its better to play and get spanked then not play at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well actually Andy, its not. If PS participate and get spanked, it is a bad image for Irish Quakers. If PS are "supposed" to be the best, it doesn't say much for the rest of us when you get "spanked". Please don't let a dead clan ruin it for the rest.

• Advertisement

I dont really care about the "image of Irish quake"

I'd rather play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

dont think we dont see what your up to, zero and bunny, dont think that for a SECOND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

nicky what the **** are you on about? Andy, be selfish and inconsiderate if you want. I'm langers. **** off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

im watchin you yungfela

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

one FALSE move...
    JUST GIVE ME AN EXCUSE.
    as if i need it

Advertisement