Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Dave Clarke lost his edge

• 02-03-2004 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,
    Dave Clarke has bben one of my fav Dj with his mix of cutting andd chopping records with impressive sratching. although he has become very commercial. When i last saw him he played that crap track "i like big butts" at the winter party, i stood there with my head in my hands
    FORESHAME

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

careful now, Lenny might ban you for that kind of talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Would this guy ban someone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

the truth hurts about dangerous Dave. He sucks now. Plent more good irish talent coming up

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

This was at the winter party, full of un educated people about music!
    go see him play in fuse or somewere in germany, he plays ****in **** techno over here

Oh and ste - haha yea ****

Couldn't resist. ;)

I don't think I've ever heard a bad Clarke set.
    So that's saying something.
    And every DJ has been known to play the odd dodgy tune. It's personal taste aswell. Just because you didn't like it dosn't mean he dosn't or maybe he was trying something who knows ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Listen to his set from the redbox ste, the tune that on hour 1, its at the 35th minute(if not the 2nnd hour)
    its trans-x living on living
    this tune sounds so ****ing cheesy, but I loved it when I heard it. its older than me!

Don't think I have that set.
    You be on soulseek next week to get it off ya ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

if youre the sort of person who goes to the winter party then you have no right to call anyone anything.

lenny is right though, i saw him in holland and he was great.... very hard though... think he just varies it to be honest, paces himself according to the venue he's playing... he probably figured he was playing at a huge all ages gig that was over at 12:30 ---> hence nt going as mad as he might have been able to?

went to winter party and won't go again....Dave has gone fashionable by playing Electro. Some of it is good but my god, some sounds are like a cat with a banger up his a**. World Service is one of my fav album.
    We listened to one of his mixes before we went to the winter party , it was from i love techno i think????But he played virtualy the same set !!!
    NUF SAID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Lenny
    Listen to his set from the redbox ste, the tune that on hour 1, its at the 35th minute(if not the 2nnd hour)
    its trans-x living on living
    this tune sounds so ****ing cheesy, but I loved it when I heard it. its older than me!
    now there's some proper cheese:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ste-
    Couldn't resist. ;)

I don't think I've ever heard a bad Clarke set.
    So that's saying something.
    And every DJ has been known to play the odd dodgy tune. It's personal taste aswell. Just because you didn't like it dosn't mean he dosn't or maybe he was trying something who knows ?

Yea sure, give me a shout when you see me on irc,

Yea, he does have a phase were he plays a lot of the tunes the same,
    cause I saw him in the space of 3 times in a few weeks.
    saw him at wittness, redbox and i love techno
    i love techno was quite harder though,
    he has seemed to be playing a lot of electro recently, saw him down in the forum a few weeks ago and he was playing a good electro set!! ;)

If anyone's intrested I also have clarke like at the winterparty set too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

umek is way better i dave clarke at south and the forum and he was dire he is one of the godfathers of techno but he is losing his touch Umek is absolutely deadly kicks dave clarkes ass

yeah and righly so....

saw umek the lastloads of times, most recent was the last 2 times in the redbox, last time, he was decent nuff, but the time before that he was terrible. only effect used, echo and it was over-****ing-used after his last tune, just ran off stage then - nothing said or anything..
    I like a goof few of the tunes he has produced, but there's a lot of sets that I'm not that impressed with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

what are you people talking about dave clarke has been playing electro for years and years... accusing dave clarke of trying to be trendy by playing electro [which ironically is sooooooo last season at this stage!] is like saying... is like saying something really bloody stupid! [apologies, got stuck for something anybody could say that was as stupid as saying dave clarke is trying to be trendy by cashing in on last years brief electro craze. do you read mixmag?]

if dave clarke has lost his edge its because like most dj's of his vintage he's just getting a little bit too old to still get excited about iot and is more concerned with the mortgage and putting his kid through college. [see: fabio & grooverider, pete tong etc.]

Advertisement