Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAY? SO WHAT?

Options
  • 14-04-2000 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Lads,

I think it is about time we addressed the blatant homophobia that is all over these QUAKE boards.I for one know lots of "gay" people who are sound.They arent evil and I doubt theyre on there way to hell.I think it is wrong for anyone (Q1,Q2,Q3,UT,SC,TFC PLAYER - DONT MATTER!!) to use "gay" or "fag" as an insult. Maybe we should start the insulting of other sexualitys?How would the hetros or bis among you LIKE THAT FOR ONCE?!? Maybe with alot less nasty sexual insults and alot more praccy we can all become better at that game we know and love (quakosexual? smile.gif It is a sad day indeed to see the word "gay" censored when it can also mean something of great beauty.

Yama,
    Fut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

shut up hetro! biggrin.gif

hmmm, you could have just initiated a whole new trend!!!

nah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Who sssssayssss I'm hetro! wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

faeg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the estimated percentage of the general population which is gay is 5-10%

There are easily 150 online gamers which means 10-15 people in our community are gay.

Or approxiamtely one per clan.

Makes you think doesnt it.

Although I think the insult "fag" really means something other then sexuality in this context, still its ugly and dumb even for humour.

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

5-10%?
    that honestly seems more than I expected.
    ure right id say futurequakedood (fqd in future right! that names too long, mind u typing this extra bracketed sentence is even longer and kind of defeats the purpose).
    But in saying ure right I wouldnt give a ****e whats said anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

i actually agree fqd(tnx pal...)

its better to use more interesting and original slags

ure all Wyvernes

hehe smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

10% yea

Thats a nice ROUND figure DEV, where'd ya pick that cookie up from ?

[This message has been edited by madyoke (edited 15-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

je suis homo

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

gets my vote

its completely childish

plyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

yea well pred's the gay one in dk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Don't even think about it Paladin. Not that I think you'd drag me into this thread of course. Curse my paranoid mind for even suggesting that this thread'd turn into a big slagging match between everyone who's posted cool.gif

I resent that!! tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Tá mé quak0sexual.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by m1RV:
    Tá mé quak0sexual.

tutt, tutt...

Is quak0sexual mé

Irish isn't being taught properly at all these days...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

Is maith liom quake00000errr.....ummmm Quake! Sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by FutureQuakeDood:
    Lads,

(Q1,Q2,Q3,UT,SC,TFC PLAYER - DONT MATTER!!) to use "gay" or "fag" as an insult.

I play CS can I call people "gay" or "fag" ?
    <g>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

yeah nice1 there Kharn......fair play to the irish skills. Pity I wont ever have to speak it again after my orals there but still.

Bearlachas is bearlachas smile.gif - or so my old bent teahcer used to say...god i hated him.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

CS - DON'T MATTER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 notgay35

Hate Being Gay? http://jasonsmith.freehomepage.com/home.htm
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FutureQuakeDood:
    Lads,

I think it is about time we addressed the blatant homophobia that is all over these QUAKE boards.I for one know lots of "gay" people who are sound.They arent evil and I doubt theyre on there way to hell.I think it is wrong for anyone (Q1,Q2,Q3,UT,SC,TFC PLAYER - DONT MATTER!!) to use "gay" or "fag" as an insult. Maybe we should start the insulting of other sexualitys?How would the hetros or bis among you LIKE THAT FOR ONCE?!? Maybe with alot less nasty sexual insults and alot more praccy we can all become better at that game we know and love (quakosexual? smile.gif It is a sad day indeed to see the word "gay" censored when it can also mean something of great beauty.

Yama,
    Fut.
    </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

If I call somone a pussy am I insulting cats?

You really need to lighten up.

I normally don't spam while playing quake anyway but if during a game on LAN I might shout "Sico your fu<king ****"(or somthing similar). I'm not calling the lad gay or making any reference to his sexuality. I'm just ****ed of because he has jumped on the red armour just before me or somthing.

He knows I'm only taking the **** and so does everybody else playing.

It's nothing to do with hating homosexuals or being homofobic.

It's people like you who take everything seriously that cause problems like this to arrise.

Chill out man

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Whoops I did not know this was such and old thread frown.gif.

Hopefully I'm not going to start this up again frown.gif

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Unbelievable, I play counter-strike myself and the amount of gay bashing is stupid.

Would any of u fu<kwits happen to know what homophobia is and what a homophobic is because the amount of this gay bull$hit we have to put up with is stupid.

I have a girlfriend and I know people who are gay also.

Most of u are probably 2 young and muppetlike to understand anything about this so do the world a favour AND STFU AND GROW UP!. tongue.gif......... tongue.gif.......... tongue.gif........... tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

FANJ, I'll **** your ****ing **** you little ****ing ****o ****!!!

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Oooh, be nice.

Advertisement