Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFI Logo Competition

Options
  • 02-03-2004 3:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and a few colleagues are currently putting together an organisation designed to identify and defend against issues that impact the civil liberties of computer and Internet users. Examples would be free speech online, electronic voting, email and sms spam, employee and user monitoring, and data retention and preservation.

Essentially our aim is to emulate the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) - although obviously on a much smaller scale - and our name will reflect that: EFI (Electronic Frontier Ireland). This will be the second iteration of an organisation with that name, although this time with a completely different team.

At the moment we're working on developing ourselves into as professional an organisation as possible (albeit without the wages, since the org is not-for-profit) and we would like your help with that; specifically with help creating a logo for our organisation.

We don't have a lot to offer, but we're thinking that €100 prize money should be enough. If you think we're off our heads with that figure, high or low, feel free to say so. (And of course if you'd like to donate a logo free of charge, you can bet your sweet bippy we won't complain!)

Requirements: The logo should be suitable for as many different applications as possible; for example we'll need to use it on the web, in print, on posters and banners, etc. We'll need high-resolution sources for the winning logo, but web-optimised images are fine for the comp.

Rules: The competition runs until Sunday, March 14. Submissions should be a maximum of 250x250px in size and should be sent by email to efi-comp@beecher.net. All entries will be published online together with the name of the submittor. The creator will need to grant exclusive rights for the image to Electronic Frontier Ireland.

Judging: The competition will be judged by the eight members of Electronic Frontier Ireland's council. One image will be chosen as the winner by March 28, and the winner will be asked for a snail-mail address to which we can send the prize money in cheque form. The judges decision is final, yadda yadda.

Questions and comments welcome.

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Logos will be posted here. Thanks to the first two to submit logos.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

That was an interesting trip to the design forum. If only to see the word dahamsta & newbie in the same box :D

Well, I wanted the handle Newbie with dahamsta as my tagline, but they wouldn't let me. :)

adam

Please note that this competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone for their submissions. The winner will be announced on March 28.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

some good ones
    efi_logo.gif

dave-3.png

• Advertisement

Strictly speaking the last submission was four days too late, but we'll see how the judging goes. I'm honestly surprised we got so many entries, I was thinking we'd be lucky if we got one, never mind fourteen! The overall quality of entries is excellent too.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://beecher.info/efi/efi_logo.gif is my fav.
    However, might wanna revise the font used inside the box - for smalelr images/prints - could be clearer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Well? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Yah, who won?

i could do with €100

Small delay deciding. Won't be long now.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

david.jpg

Oh dear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Ever felt like you've been led astray?

We'll get there Panda, we're all just kind of busy at the moment.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Some VERY nice ones there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dave-3.png

swwwwwwwwish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I really liked Kenneth's:

logo1.jpg

I liked Stephen's, but I've always been a monochrome man, and I'm in a minority. :)

We're scoring them at the moment, I'm really sorry about the delay guys.

adam

Hello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who won???? Hell if it was going to take this long I'd have entered and I only spotted this thread a minute ago!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Jerome is the winner. We asked him to make a small adjustment to his logo, which now looks like this:

efi2.gif

Sorry again for the delay. I honestly did my best to egg a decision along, but it just wasn't happening for me.

Thanks to everyone that joined in. The quality was way better than I was expecting! :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Well done Jerome, nice logo!

Advertisement