Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A building PC column

Options
  • 02-03-2004 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Im not sure if this has been suggested already, it may well have been, I noticed that alot of the threads on Technology are related to building PC's, maybe there could be a column to support and faciltate that area, I do realise its very close to technology.
    Hertz
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Do you mean a sticky? Not a bad idea at all, if there is not one there already. In fact I think it's a superb idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

I was thinking of a forum actually but If you think a Sticky is more suitable then.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Why a Forum? I can understand people wanting to be "up to date" with the latest Tech stuff. But there is already a Technology Forum to cover that. Building a PC is a "relatively" easy process, especially these days. A Forum would be overkill IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'd love to see a column, never built a pc but my next one plans to be homemade !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You could make a subforum thingy, like game threads in roleplaying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

The HW Tweaking / Modding forum would get quite an amount of posts about building PCs - maybe try that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

HW Tweaking/Modding was meant to be a subset of Technology which covered PC Building. I dunno, maybe have HW Tweaking expand its remit to cover that too, if the mods of Technology don't want to take in the PC Building threads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Here's an idea, why don't people just sign up as subscribers and use the journal as a project log?
    Or as mentioned bove, start one thread about your project (hopefully not something as mundane as slapping together your Komplett bundle and sticking a case badge on the front) and keep it up-to-date as one would see on the various other tech/modding forums (eg 2CPU.com)?

If you're looking instead for a guide on how to build a machine, there are numerous resources on the net for that kind of thing, and I'll have my version of one fleshed out and completed after my exams if you would like.

Advertisement