Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pioneer 106 dvd burner

• 02-03-2004 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hello folks I am going to install my pioneer 106 into my PC over the next few days

I would like to tyr this my self, so i might be looking for a wee bit of help here and tips for when i get it up and running.

many thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's pi$$ easy to be honest. I did my own recently. All you have to do, in essence, is shove the thing into your PC and attach two cables. I already had Nero Buring ROM installed and it detected the new drive with no setup required and burnt a DVD for me. It's as easy as installation could possibly be. The only tricky bit might be arranging cabling if you've a lot in your computer or if it's all squashed in but even then, you just require some deft movements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

u may need to update nero aswell (this is assuming that u were, or will be using nero) i think 5 or 5.5 was the first version to accomodate dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

just put the ide cables in the right holes and that should be that,if your running xp it should have a generic driver for the burner but if it doesnt just use the vast extent of the internet to find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

A monkey could do it, just make sure its the same ide cable as your other cd/dvd drive, not the one that connects to your hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

turn your computer off first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

first steps first:

1. get the screwdriver ready
    2. fill the bath
    3. get into the bath with your computer plugged in
    4. screw in the drive
    5. rinse the computer under the tap
    6. don' forget to clean behind your ears
    7. voila!

dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

don't forget to leave he computer turned on and running. that always helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ahh dear, what would boards be without the sarcyness eh?

Advertisement