Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game ever!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by bizmark
    Civ 1

Civ2 > Civ1 > *

With RainbowSix & FFVII close behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Chrono Trigger @ best game ever !

FFV, FFVII, and Metal Gear Solid 1 close behind, in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I'll say Resident Evil on the PS for being the first game to ever scare me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

mmmmmmmmm.......system shock 2 i got to say - mixed combat/survivalism strategy/horror/good story/decent puzzles like no other game before or since. Thief 2 was also brilliant, but was *leaner* in scope so SS2 comes out ahead. Game designers could do worse to take some serious pointers from these games more than others.

Was also kind of tempted by FF7 but only for the sub games - was cool you could forget about the overall story and go about becoming a chocobo stable owner, breeding your chocobos to get the best chocobo you could - but its a case of not quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Quake III Arena

although not the first FPS type game which was Wolfenstein 3D, Quake III Arena when it came out in 1999 brought something new graphicaly and gameplay wise that hadn't been seen before and for which one needed a decent to high end system at the time to play the game with any decent frame rate.

today Quake III Arena still holds its own and the engine (although slightly tweaked) has been used in dozens of popular mods and other very popular games (such as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, Star Trek Elite Force 2 etc. etc.). no other game offers gameplay as fast paced or as fluid as Quake III Arena in my opinion, for that alone and the other reasons above, Quake III Arena stands out as my favourite game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Cina
    Chrono Trigger @ best game ever !
    Originally posted by bazH
    Chrono Trigger on the snes

sigh, better than FF7

YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

DOOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

OOOO Civ 2 i think! or halflife or super mario bros 3 argh! i can't decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Shadowrun (SNES)

Advertisement