Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was merc banned?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dog_cat.jpg

LOL
    sorry
    sorry, but all this just makes me laugh :D

I lurve boards for it's entertainment value ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Beruthiel

I think we should dress them up is Star Trek uniforms and play that music from the spock/kirk fight (also done on the Cable Guy I believe)

eck = spock
    amp = kirk
    :D

Can we have that dramatic music playing too? DEN DEN DEN DAAAA DEDEDE!!!!

Sorry, finding this a little difficult to take seriously. :)

I did tell Ecksor that if he had a problem with Amp he should take it up with Amp rather then tying up the Feedback forum with unworkable rules. To be fair, ecksor was trying to legislate rules for accross all users rather then just ban amp. I told him I'd rather he banned a single user then announce unenforceable rules. What I should have added (and this is my error) is that I generally DONT use admin powers when a row involves me. Even if you are being unscrupulously fair you are open to the accusation of bias.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I dunno, to me it just looks like amp is playing a god given right card. Had it been anyone else I don't think there'd be much notice.

Personally, I thought the "joke" was a very thinly veiled flame of ecksor, he'd have banned anyone doing the same to him in a forum he modded. I dunno, maybe all the tantrum he's throwing now is allpart of the humour and we're just not getting it.

It really does look like he's throwing a childish hissy fit for not getting his way. I mean, respect to the guy and all, but the reaction in his journal especially doesn't do him any favours imho.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Hmmm I remember Ecksor banned me from here too! At the time rather than admit to myself, never mind anyone else, that after I had voiced my initial and honest opinions in various Feedback threads over the previous month or two… that once I had made said initial opinions known.. I descended into posting belittling, insulting and inflammatory remarks aimed at various posters in a rather rude/bullying manner(though all the while interjecting with the word “hairbrush” for comic effect)....… which is allegedly why I was banned!!!.. Flaming? Me? No way. Im funny!! The banning was personal cos I had a run in once or twice with the admin!!!!!!.. so I headed of to mount my campaign for the good of all manki…..

Oh wait, that’s wasn’t me…

Banned for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Mysterio

I'm confused however by the fact that Trojan wasn't banned or was he being serious when he said:

"This thread should be titled something more specific, like "Stop people posting vague subject lines on PI and AH on Tuesdays"."

Cos it was relevant I guess. I disagreed with the opinion of the original poster, and said so in my usual manner. It was on topic.

That said, if parody and humour are not allowed in any circumstance then you may as well pull the plug on the server. Or call it boards.de.

Al.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Banned for a week.

I thought merc made a point on topic about the why amp was banned thread. He did it in a humourous AND relevant manner!
    Plus, it wasn't going to degnerate into a flame war... amp can't reply (at least not from his main account).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you know what?

boring

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by syke
    I thought merc made a point on topic about the why amp was banned thread. He did it in a humourous AND relevant manner!
    Plus, it wasn't going to degnerate into a flame war... amp can't reply (at least not from his main account).

:rolleyes:

He was clearly attacking another poster and has a history of unprovoked outbursts on this forum. We have to try to apply the rules evenly and besides, he was just asking to be banned.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Merc and AMp have history.... to be fair Merc did pretty much what Amp did, though it was a little more relevant.

I dont want humour banned but this isnt really a good place for it though... I have a cunning plan though...

DeV.

Anyway, I found Ecksor banning him to be funny so thats ok then. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Trojan
    That said, if parody and humour are not allowed in any circumstance then you may as well pull the plug on the server. Or call it boards.de.

Al.
    Agreed. This is total overkill and is actually more humorous than the initial banning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by ecksor
    Banned for a week.

He was clearly attacking another poster and has a history of unprovoked outbursts on this forum. We have to try to apply the rules evenly and besides, he was just asking to be banned.

imho the one word to describe those actions is "silly"

how long before we get slapped around for smileys :p , I havent seen boards turn into Megacity 1 just yet but "teh law" is swift and blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I remember I got banned before.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Merc and AMp have history....
    Merc too? Jeez, amp gets around the boards users, doesn't he?
    Originally posted by DeVore
    I have a cunning plan though...
    Is it more cunning that the fox that was made professor of cunning at Oxford University?

I still think this is all a mountain out of a molehill. Any other user and noone would have batted an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was this thread called "why was amp banned" originally?

Where's that screen shot wizard when you need him eh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Gordon

yes it was honey
    eck is trying to confuse us all

Where's that screen shot wizard when you need him eh
    This is why we have GMT time and GMT+ and GMT- times. It was never about amp. It was about you Gordon. I would suggest you go back into that Collosus of yours and start typing in sanscrit(sp?) again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Áðïëïãéåó öïñ ìõ ìéóõíäåñóôáíäéíã.

Åîïñ = Ìçðïò êáíåéò ìáëáêåéá?
    Áìð = Öáéô ôå ðáïãåñ.
    Ìåñê = Ãéá óïõ ñå öéëå!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I demand Gordon and Hobart be banned for taking this thread off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

what time is eastenders on at? hang on.. it doesnt matter...

• Advertisement

Áðïëïãéåó öïñ ìõ ìéóõíäåñóôáíäéíã.

Åîïñ = Ìçðïò êáíåéò ìáëáêåéá?
    Áìð = Öáéô ôå ðáïãåñ.
    Ìåñê = Ãéá óïõ ñå öéëå!
    I concur.

Originally posted by SheroN
    I demand Gordon and Hobart be banned for taking this thread off topic.
    I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Now lets forget all our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

When the lemon tree was banished forever, a great cheer went up.
    Because it was haunted.

Now let's all have a nice, cool glass o'turnip juice.

(scuse me, near terminal lack of sleep)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Thread inanity rating 9.975!

Bing! Locked.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement