Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Metallica, June 25th 2004 Thread!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The reason why I don't think it will be a good concert because of the support is because Metallica will not be as good as they were last year. If they play the same songs again it won't have the same feel to it and if they play their new stuff it will be crap. That is my opinion, and that is why I think they need to get decent support this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 four*

i missed then in the rds in the summer but i did see them in san fran. they were deadly! its their home ground. limp bizket were booed off the stage. metallica were class in the point a few years ago as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

im going , oh my god last year was absolutely brilliant , almost got crushed in the pit but brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I shall also be going

me thinks it would be a good idea to have a boards pissup afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Im going!!! Can't wait,never been to a Metallica gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    me thinks it would be a good idea to have a boards pissup afterwards :D

indeed!

i went last year but we showed up so late there wasn't a hope in hell of getting a pit pass. any tips for getting one this year (apart from showing up early) ? they enhance the show by a thousand. ozzfest was brilliant thanks to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

we turned up early last year an had a job to get em , it was a joke da way they handed em out people that came in last got em an people that were with us didnt , and then the bouncers tried to make guys that were with us actually pay for the pit passes , hopefully itl be a little better organised this year , because last year people that were there all mornin just to get one and then didnt were well annoyed .kinda put a dampner on things but still a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

OMG! Im just after reading on fakenews.com that Slayer, AC/DC and Pantera (playing a one off comeback gig) will be playing here along with Metallica in June. How cool is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    OMG! Im just after reading on fakenews.com

:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by Fozzy
    :dunno:

I really need sarcasm tabs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

the pit at ozzfest was full of 12 yr olds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Of course I'm going! Their setlist last year was excellent. For those who can't remember:

Battery
    Master of Puppets
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Frantic
    Sad But True
    St. Anger
    No Remorse
    Seek and Destroy
    Blackened

Fuel
    Nothing Else Matters
    Creeping Death

One
    Enter Sandman

However, their performance wasn't as good as previous years, but I guess they are getting older and aren't practicing as much. Metallica have always been my favourite band, but I have to admit Maiden put on a better show. Also, they sound amazing live; I hardly noticed any mistakes!

I only like 2 of Slipknot's songs so, I'm disappointed they are playing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

well, i already bought the ticket, but im giving serious thought to selling it. I was up the front last year, and yeah it feckin rocked. But Linkin Park sounded like someone hooked up a cd player to the pa system, and i have no love for Slipknot.

No offense to any of you out there, but i hate the 15-17yr olds at them, they havent a feckin clue. Jumpin around the place, not a clue what they're at, never even heard of Master of Puppets, pisses me off

Plus, any of you with girlfriends, DONT SHIFT THEM IN THE PIT, for fúck sake, Tattoo the Planet and Metallica, i had a couple beside me goin at it, so whats a good little head banger to do, push them into the middle of the mosh!! HA HA HA serves you fukin right, its a metal concert not bloody rod stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Originally posted by Drazhar
    its a metal concert not bloody rod stewart

hey hey our parents dont want them making them feel uncomfortable at rods concert either!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

a friend got his ticket a few weeks ago and is saying lost prophets are on it as supporting.
    Haven't seen th eticket so can't say if its true or not.
    Anyone else got there tickets recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

im goin and i cant wait.....best concert ever!
    metallica are goin to be blindingly good, slipknot should be nice and moshable and lost prophets......well......lets just say i'll find myself quite busy when they come on

Advertisement