Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS offers

Options
  • 02-03-2004 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone heard anything from their colleges yet? And what have people choose? I have an interview tomorrow in edinburgh, and 2 more later in the month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zypee

got accepted to three so far (only conditional) and I don't have to do any interviews.
    i'm actually going to one of the open days tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

what sort of things do the conditions set out? what course you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hey dub_dan, what courses you applied for that you need to do interviewes for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I've only recieved offers from 3 of them so far... Still awaiting a response from St Andrews :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

ive heard from everybody save LSE who are notorious for late response..i dont expect to hear from them before Easter TBH. 4 Conditional offer and 1 rejection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I got two conditional offers from St Andrews... though the rent increases for there next year are putting me off a bit. Bristol rejected me (pah!) and Camarthen invited me over for an interview. Haven't heard back from Nottingham or Warwick yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one waiting for Warwick. Nottingham were back to me quickly to tell me to shove off.

physical education in loadsa places, have received 3interviews and one rejection!
    i'm in edinburgh airport right now actually!! just had an interview.

Heh.. I've got no rejections yet, though my statement and reference were fairly elite... I just hope st andrews would hurry teh **** up. Bar St Andrews I'll prob go for Worcestershire since they're like the only Uni to do Psych w/Art & Design.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My mate got accepted to one of her three. Still waiting on the other two. But she has to go to interviews for them first. Such a strange process in comparison to the CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Rejected from Soton(expected that, i predicted low grades as thats what ill have if i want to go the UK), still waiting on Portsmouth...

rejected from edinburgh. their loss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

got 5 out of 6, st. andrews rejected me! if u don't know it already, you can track the progress of your application at www.ucas.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Heard back from my other two. Nottingham accepted me, Warwick rejected me. St Andrew's is the only one I'm seriously considering, I have a feeling I'll end up staying in Dublin in the end, though.

St Andrews hasn't rejected me... they just haven't bothered their arses to reply yet...

okay i got an offer from Portsmouth today and its BBBB (LOWER) but im not actually doing any lower subjects in my leaving... anyone know how do the higher subjects translate for this?

Basically I'd say scrape Cs and you're definitely still in

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I heard back from Ulster University, just curious has anyone heardback from Queens yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MissyLoveParade

got 4 outa 6, goin to open day wed in dub 4 aberdeen! went to coleraine biology open day thing, wudnt mind going there, its a nice spot!

BBBB (lower) = DDDD(higher) for anyone interested, was on to admissions today to clarify

• Advertisement

All offers recieved, only one rejection from st andrews (one acceptance from them too)

I think I'm going to accept:
    1.St Andrews, psychology ABBBC (honours)
    2.Canterbury, psychology CCCCC (honours)

My mate got into Ulster University to Architecture. Wooow.

Thats BBBBCC to get in, and her portfolio of course.

She got architectural Tech as well!

Advertisement