Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat phone + bb, €125??

• 02-03-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Applied for bb and the phone package over a mth ago. I recieved a letter to day stating that i have to pay €125 deposit for my home phone service. Has anyone else recieved this letter and why do i have to pay €125 deposit?

I would ring esat but i recon ill get a faster responce here rather than having to wait 25min to be answered.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

have you had your phone switched over???
    is your BB set up and everything.

I havent heard of anything like this, and i cant imagine why they need a deposit, does it specify what for???? are you sure it isnt something like your modem or something similar.....

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Could be a security deposit, like the one Esat threaten you with on a final demand. I.E. If you don't pay up, we'll pull the plug and you'll have to give us a deposit and (was €100, I think) also be charged re-connection fee. It could also be that you live in a flat etc and they think that you might do a runner without paying their bill. What's the street value of a modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Gave them a call this morning regarding the €125. Was told that its a security deposit and that it is fully refundable at the end of the contract.
    The €125 is to do with the phone service not the broadband.

Also recieved the modem today after signing up nearly a mth ago :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by logistic
    Applied for bb and the phone package over a mth ago. I recieved a letter to day stating that i have to pay €125 deposit for my home phone service. Has anyone else recieved this letter and why do i have to pay €125 deposit?

I would ring esat but i recon ill get a faster responce here rather than having to wait 25min to be answered.

Are you living in rented accomodation?, €ircom tried to do same with me and had the cheek to ask for €130.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by logistic
    Gave them a call this morning regarding the €125. Was told that its a security deposit and that it is fully refundable at the end of the contract.
    Hmmm, that's a bit much (not the amount, what they do with it). Even the deposit new customers have to pay Eircom and the one they have to pay vodafone on prepay if they don't have a landline (assuming this one still exists) is credited against your bill. I may be being pernickity for the sake of it but did they say "refunded" or "refundable"?

(incidentally they didn't ask me for a "security deposit" when I first switched to Esat CPS. I didn't bother paying Eircom the deposit either, no-one ever came back to ask for it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement