Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to promote txt messaging ... 10e

Options
  • 02-03-2004 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

"to promote text messaging between 02 customers 02 want you to send this to 10 of your 02 friends we'll top you up 10e."

Just received that a second ago from one of my friends. I take it is a scam - ie someone thought it would be funny if they started it. And there will be no 10e at the end :) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes it would seem to be a scam. Why would o2 need to promote o2 to o2 texting? Why would they give you €10 free credit for spending €1 on text's? Makes no sence really.

Its a chain text. Treat it as if you would a chain email. Delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Poor O2 customer care will have a flock of eejits ringing them up and saying

"WHY DIDN'T OI GET ME CREDI'! YE'RE BLEEDIN' ROBBIN' ME YIS PACK A SCUMBAGS!"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Or O2 are spreading the message to increase revenues!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre

i like yer thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre

:rolleyes: - can we keep away from conspiracy theories (especially when those suggesting them have links to other operators....)

BrianG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement