Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mocks post mortems

Options
  • 02-03-2004 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi finished the mocks on friday, thank god i thought my hand was gonna fall off from all the writing!Anyway bad enough that we had to do them, the teachers are now makin us go back through them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

i finished mine today,thank god they are over and done with... it's not that i cared much about them as "they are only the mocks after all" but just to get that thing out of head which keeps reminding you to study. Tonight i could come home and just relax... sit down no study no homework... thats what 6th year should be about. roll on june 16th when i'm finished FOREVER :p

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Originally posted by country_gurl
    i finished mine today,thank god they are over and done with... it's not that i cared much about them as "they are only the mocks after all" but just to get that thing out of head which keeps reminding you to study. Tonight i could come home and just relax... sit down no study no homework... thats what 6th year should be about. roll on june 16th when i'm finished FOREVER :p

I just finished my mocks today and you summed up my feelings completely in your post. I did absolutely no studying since I got home, even though I want to keep up studying between now and the leaving cert, it just feels nice not to have that feeling of having pressure on you (y'know that feeling that you usually get when your parents are telling you constantly to study because your mocks are the next day :D )
    Overall I think the mocks were a good idea, gave me a good idea of what I need to study (ie, Irish) and they gave me a good idea of what the leaving cert will be like too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Only one day to go - so far they've been total crap. French too easy, Irish too hard, business just right, physics pretty average, maths fairly easy, applied maths a bit too hard. Overall, theyre not worth the €65 to do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

You paid to do them?? and I presume you didn't get the same maths as me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zypee

now that im finished, the results are rolling in....does anyone know if your grades improve much??!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    You paid to do them?? and I presume you didn't get the same maths as me?
    Yeah - we paid €14 for the actual papers, and then extra for each paper to be corrected (from €4 to €6 per paper). I'm not sure what paper you got - mine had an interesting differential using logs and a partial fraction integral. I can scan it if you want? Doesn't everybody pay to do the mocks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

i didnt pay for the mocks. i wouldnt pay if they asked me either useless ****. I finished my exams today. going up to my friends now for a big stoner party

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by zypee
    now that im finished, the results are rolling in....does anyone know if your grades improve much??!

Yes, if you keep working consistently and learn anything new the teachers tell you. Could go up a grade, could go down. Most people go up. But the better you do the smaller the increase will be.

Originally posted by irishpal25
    i didnt pay for the mocks. i wouldnt pay if they asked me either useless ****. I finished my exams today. going up to my friends now for a big stoner party

You did pay for them, just indirectly. You probably paid a general fee at the begining of the year or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

the general fee is the same for each year and its not complusary to pay it

• Advertisement

Originally posted by subway_ie
    You did pay for them, just indirectly. You probably paid a general fee at the begining of the year or something.

Well then the costs are probably spread out through the years - but if youre buying the papers from the company, and getting them corrected by outside the school then youre going to have to pay. The DES dont pay for it, and theyre businesses, not charities who do the correcting. Somewhere along the line, somebody is paying for your mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i had my last test on friday (chemistry) but sadly i missed it because at 4 o clock on friday mornin i was rushed into hospital!

another one of me mates got sick on her exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Maybe the reaction between the paper and the HCl in their stomach bumped up the grade a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Ours were €76 and we had to pay another €24 to do a french and irish oral.
    I think they're worth doing mainly for the timing although they're not very realistic in the way they're so compact ie. in one week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

finished mine on thursday morning, went to see my favourite band play on thursday night.

I went to see them on monday, tuesday, wednesday too, but had to hold back on the ol' alcohol for the mock the next morning. lost it on thursday and have been recovering since!

Advertisement