Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Higher (F.R.I.E.N.D.S Pic + Priest)

Options
  • 02-03-2004 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get this, and if so, what did you think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I got that one, I didnt think it was too hard. Did the section A questions on Japan and the section B on the diary. Composition was the one on responsilities - avoided text three like the plague, i hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

did ya do the paper 2 of it.

Its on Macbeth kingship and Dickinson,Kavanagh

Yeah, I did paper two, but i did Silas Marner as my single text, not Macbeth, and Mahon for the poetry question. It was pretty nice all round really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

the picture of the old women had me laughin my head off i nearly got kicked out of the exam!!!!

You must be very easily humoured Healio... It wasn't *that* funny.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by subway_ie
    You must be very easily humoured Healio... It wasn't *that* funny.

you should of seen me in the german aural i broke my sh1t laughin the lad was goin mad at some lad on the fone, it was truly a german way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

I did that English paper too . It was fairly easy , didn't do the question on the pictures though ( the old woman looked too evil for my liking, and i would have probably ended up basing my answers on that fact). I did the comprehension about people who work from home and then the survey. Paper 2 wasn't bad either.

Originally posted by scoey
    I did that English paper too . It was fairly easy , didn't do the question on the pictures though ( the old woman looked too evil for my liking, and i would have probably ended up basing my answers on that fact). I did the comprehension about people who work from home and then the survey. Paper 2 wasn't bad either.

yeah paper 2 was a god sent: kingship, liteary genre and dickinson.
    it'll probaly be mad hard in the leaving though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I got that paper too. It wasn't that bad! I did my question of the old lady. It was all about her getting her life together after her husband died. A.L.O.N.E. was sponsering her to do a talk on the radio to raise awarness. Sometimes I can talk a lot of ****e!

The kingship question was nice. I was screwed for poetry though, couldnt remember Kavanaghs peoms, and he is my favorite! So I ended up doing Mahon, but it wasn't that bad.

Results tomorrow or monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Gorgeous paper, loved the essay choices. Paper 2 was okay if you knew your stuff which i really didn't...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zypee

I was really happy with the paper, results not back yet though!!
    I did my essay on the old woman and i included the girl with the big dog.
    I thought the first text on people that work at home was hilarious!
    Kingship was pretty nice as well and Kavanagh was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ShaoliN

We got that one aswell, Got a c which was alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

I gotit too and it was quite easy. In paper two I did the kingship, and Dickinson.
    On paper one I did the diary thing the questions on the pictures and I wrote the best essay ever! It involvved a secret agent priest infiltrating the Vatican to stopa virus infecting the vaticans computer system! Whopper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ugotpunk'd

yeah i got that paper, it was really easy! got a B1 which i'm happy with but i got an A1 in the christmas test!:confused: !!kavanagh and macbeth questions were great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I got a B. I lost out on quite a few marks on the survery question because my tone was apparently too chatty. I find that a bit odd considering you were meant to write it for the school newsletter. Did I do something wrong or was it marked incorrectly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Flashraziel
    I gotit too and it was quite easy. In paper two I did the kingship, and Dickinson.
    On paper one I did the diary thing the questions on the pictures and I wrote the best essay ever! It involvved a secret agent priest infiltrating the Vatican to stopa virus infecting the vaticans computer system! Whopper!

I did the same questions and a similar essay, only my priest was searching for terrorists who turned out to be the nuns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Great minds, eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

My priest was called Father Jekyll. When he got angry he turned into Big Bad Reverend Hyde. Draw your own conclusions.

(No, I'm not religious in any way.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah did the same paper. Was happy enough although I knew kingship and theme questions were coming up so that's why I found it easy. Just lookin at the paper again after I did it and realised I ****ed up on Text 3 question B. They asked me to do an open letter and I wrote a bloody story :mad: Wonder how many marks I get docked or will it just be a 0.

Cool secret agent priest stories lads :) I did a boring article on clothes.

Advertisement