Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk recovery software

Options
  • 02-03-2004 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the problem, a mate has a HP pc with XP he got the unmountable drive problem and i told him i would fix it without any loss of data but never seen him for a while. He rang HP who told him to use the "back in time" cd and he lost everything when it formatted his HD.
    I been offline for long time with no pc and cant remember the name of software i used before to find files after a format was done on the HD.
    Anyone know software that can recover info on a formatted HD ?
    Free preferably :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

EasyRecovery perchance ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thnks but that only let you see the files unless you buy it you cant recover them.

Im poor cant afford it:(
    Anyone know a free program like this?

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If a drive has been quick formatted it may be possible to un format it. But since the whole start of the drive has been overwriten the directory structure and file allocation tables are toast. - If you were sure the drive had been defraged before the restore CD - other wise the files would be interleaved with each other and you are look ing at recovering text only ...

anyway try rest2514 - doubt it will work ..

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Oh , you wanted something for free ? You should have said ....hehe !

Ok try this

:D

***EDIT***

I see you DID say 'free'......ah well.....;)

Advertisement