Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarGate SG1, Season 7: Episode 21: Lost city

Options
  • 02-03-2004 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Great episode Cant wait for part 2!

Good part at the start with the crossword it got a laugh out of me
    Other than that a bit slow to start.
    I did like the bit where SG1 and are just having a few drinks in O`niells
    I dont know why all of SG3 didnt ground2Air missiles. I wanted to see more of anubis. but that scne of his 2 super soldiers punishing the failed jafa was amazing!
    Oh when bre`tak came though and said bad news i expected him to say ryack has falen - then telc would have gone a brood rampage. Why didnt any of the SG teams carry the anti super soldier weapons?

Next weeks episode will be So good.

Good episode 8/10

Rate the episode 29 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    20% 6 votes
    Alright
    75% 22 votes
    Bad
    3% 1 vote
    You wasted 45 mins of my life and i want them back
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ja, good stuff.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Excellent episode imo... some of the earlier scenes were hilarious, Teal'c's depth being irrelevant and O'Neill talking about Guinness... :)

Building up very nicely for the finale.

and of course then there was skyone teaser for next weeks episode showing
    an Alkash attacking the Prometheus
    ... oohhh i want to see it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Cool episode but its too long to wait, a week for that
    battle
    you could see in the preview at the end!!!!!!

Think Jack should have gave Kinsey bit more abuse too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I switched chan when they went with the sneak peak arse. Spoiler that please kaids :/

Last thing I want is to unintentionally read spoilers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Good ep if a bit slow cant wait till next week after seening that small trailer at the end.

8/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh no! I had to go to the toilet and i missed the SKY teaser oif next weeks episode
    Im going to cry now. Ill have to DL it tomorrow

Sorry bout that

Whats an Alkash?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A bit slow, but it's very good buildup! Nice to meet some of the Atlantis characters (if not actors). I just saw bits of next week's episode - I think they're using half their annual budget on it :cool:

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Whats an Alkash?

Mid range bomber

• Advertisement

This might sound stupid, I own every episode of SG - 1 thats available on DVD apart from season 6, when did they call it an Alkash?

BTW, I stay away from online SG - 1 communities for fear of spoilers so is this info only available on the net?

Originally posted by Draupnir
    This might sound stupid, I own every episode of SG - 1 thats available on DVD apart from season 6, when did they call it an Alkash?

BTW, I stay away from online SG - 1 communities for fear of spoilers so is this info only available on the net?
    It's been called an Alkash for years! Can't remeber when, but certainly before Season 6....

Don't worry TOO much about online communities - we're getting the world premiere of these episodes...

Originally posted by ixoy
    It's been called an Alkash for years! Can't remeber when, but certainly before Season 6....

Don't worry TOO much about online communities - we're getting the world premiere of these episodes...

aye it was called a alkash since it was first seen in which it attacked Earths short lived stolen mothership (the ep where they destroy the sun)

Indeed. It was in that episode Im asuming is the mothership was fully staffed the Alkash wouldnt have stood a chance? or was it just a very very skilled pilot?

Damm that teaser still isent up for DL. I still cant belive i missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Good ep....

Funny the way they were all drinking Guiness in ONeils....

I'm sorry its all coming to a close but its been a fantastic show. However the Stargate Atlantis looks to hit the ground running... I read a preview of what its going to be like.

The mothership didnt have its sheilds up at the time the Bomber uncloaked and attacked it.Judgeing from how easy a death glider took one out i douth it would last very long against a fully powered and ready Mothership
    I'm sorry its all coming to a close but its been a fantastic show

Its on for one more year + a possible film

This isn't the final series?

If not then sweet...I suppose there are too many loose ends to tie up in one ep....Tok`ra human alliance/Asguard and that clone SG1 rescued and whatever war their fighting right now...

The film would be awesome but i'd really like to see a game...and not a crappy 6 month development but a proper game....can you just imagine the multiplayer...you could be human with the MP5's/P90/SAW/M60 or Gould/Jaffa with Zat's/Staff weapons etc etc.... and i'm sure the developers could come up with a lot more ideas than i could in the time it took me to write this post.

no its not the final year :)

Atlantis and stargate sg1 will air around the same time for 1 year ....i guess that will help atlantis launch and find its own feet...Mind you Star trek found it hard to keep 2 shows going at the same time

Originally posted by Peace
    The film would be awesome but i'd really like to see a game...and not a crappy 6 month development but a proper game....can you just imagine the multiplayer...you could be human with the MP5's/P90/SAW/M60 or Gould/Jaffa with Zat's/Staff weapons etc etc.... and i'm sure the developers could come up with a lot more ideas than i could in the time it took me to write this post.

You could do the stealth missions/all out assaults as well...man i'm nearly drouling here just thinking about it....

For Atlantis i kinda hope they jump in and have a continuation kinda story to it....not like most shows that start out with episodes where they find a problem and then solve it before the hour is up....the way the show is running now is cool with threats spanning over many episodes... Basically i'm looking for a good story line.

[End Ramble]

I know i'll get flamed something serious for saying this....but Buffy and Angel managed it very well for a 2/3 series... If they do it right, it shouldn't present a problem.

i think EA and some german dev is currently working on a stargate game

• Advertisement

Yes a SG1 Game would be amazing. There is one in production now. It will aparantly be a RPG as oposed to a FPS. I have only ever liked i RPG and that was SW KOTR. If the SG1 game is like that ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Thought it was a good ep. The whole Hammond thing came on kinda suddenly though i knew it was gonan happen.

Did anyone else catch the Florida comment by the President? Wonder if it was a shot at bush. I laughed anyway :)

I didn't know about Hammond at all :eek:

The Florida comment was clearly a dig at Bush - and it made me laugh. I also love the way that Kinsey has been there since the beginning ("Politics" if I remember rightly) and has only managed to grow in power. His rise to presidency seems to still be happening, as was shown in "2010".

2010 was the best 1 part episod eof SG1
    followed closley by Upgrades and The groundhog day and also the episode where apophis kills herour (all season 5 i think)
    That had great 1 parters. Urgo was funny aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Good episode, wets the appetite anyway :D

Can't believe SG1 is nearing the end. I still remember watching the 2 hour pilot on Sky, and then staying up until 1am on Mondays as RTE were a few episodes ahead.

Ah memories :)

Hope it goes out on a high with season 8.

You dont live in dublin do you?

I remember when it was first aired on sky. At the start of the 2nd part either the TV or power went in a HUGE area of dublin (i think it was the TV that went) and loads of ppl missed it. But sky had it on a saturday a few weeks later.

Yup Swords north Dublin. No problem here.

Hope you didn't have to endure the cut version Sky show now where a lot of bits have been shortened (like the battle at the start)

But I think they only do that when there are showing it as a two-parter, not as a special.

They always cut out bits of SG1 if its on B4 8pm.

The cut out apophis being tortured by sokar
    They cut out herour getting a knife through the hand
    The cut out the occasional curse word

The pilot show is cut down so sky don't miss out on precious ad-time.

• Advertisement

I watched and recorded it at 5am when there are almost no adds.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Only 25 51 mins till SG1!!!!!!!

Advertisement