Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Quake Boards

Options
  • 16-02-2001 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

this is the second post since 9pm last night. dont think there was ever a lull like that. i wouldnt point it out only im bored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Quake boards!!

DED

Rock on quake.ie

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 16-02-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

After hours went though a lull alot worse than that..10 posts over a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Maybe it has something to do with Quake3 being ****e and barley no one playing it?

So much effort go's into webpages and leagues for so few people.. massive waste of resources.

And you even have the great MP saying he's quitting Q3 and going back to QW, because, believe it or not your only playing the game over its name. I remember before even the Q3 demo was out, we had you Zero, and MP going on about how your going to get right into it, learning everything "like the germans did to Q1, so the Irish scene would be on the ball Q3 wise" All this dedication before the game was even released?

All I can say is... well done lads, you've got your well deserved nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

U play tribes!
    How sad is that?

Having a look @ the tribes boards theres ...oh about 1 thread.
    Maybe it has something to do with it being so ****e there is no one playing it???

as for the web pages,
    my site Clan Acid might be up for some awards, even tho its not even finished!
    and Quake.ie is receiving about 300 hits a day

Goes to show what u know.

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 17-02-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah well the UT Board is full of life biggrin.gif

www.nethousegames.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Most of the quake activity has shifted to quake.ie, where everything began really.

Redesigned

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh boards.ie.
    brings back the memories....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what's this quake thingy anyway?
    thought this was just a place to come and see & be abuse/d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Quake boards, dm4, dmm3, DED

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The problem with quake.ie for discussion is that you cant start independant articles unless you are an author.
    The comments areas are dominated by nD, Bio and PS. All carry baggage.
    Otherwise I think MP has done a fantastic job with quake.ie along with bunny and zero and the other contributors.

I like the quake boards but the community isnt really as active any more. Most new players are playing Counterstrike (which I find boring) and their community is very like the Quake community of old.

I dont think this is dead, its just pining for the fjords...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

maybe it would be more lively if i was allowed to continue which my numerous nerdy bull**** spam type posts.
    Are these my feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Quake dead? Better get reading so.

Advertisement