Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Cables

Options
  • 02-03-2004 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I am wondering where to buy these online, for a Nokia 6610. I've been around the shops and they are quoting me 40 odd euro. Surely thats a tad expensive ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

€40?

I was told €79 for a ****ing data cable for the 6610 aswell.

ffs.

I laughed at her when she told me and THEN she said it was a "genuine Nokia cable" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

That 40 quote should have been 50 really (49.99) from a vodafone shop here in Cork.

Still though, surely these things are less expensive than tthat !

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

jump on to ebay.co.uk and get one for about 14yoyos...

I got a UB cable for my Siemens S55, arrived in about two weeks from some chap in singapore...just using it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I got a cable for my 6610 from this guy on ebay.
    Cost me about €8 in total and arrived in 3 days.
    The Nokia software doesn't recognise the cable but you can get other software from the net that does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

€35 is the cheapest I've got it to without going online.

Nokia Centre in UL and I'm gonna pick it up this week hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Should be no surprises that you pay more for a branded product. A Nokia product from a shop on the street with rates, insurance, staff costs etc etc is always going to be more expensive than a non-nokia product bought from Joey's Store on Ebay. Mind you, I do think a lot of the phone shops take the piss with accessory prices especially phone covers. They're bought for a couple of Euro each and they're flogging them at 20 euro plus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 omnicube

you'd be nearly better off buying a 3rd party cable so you wouldn't be limited with it's use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Bruce Campbell

Originally posted by omnicube
    you'd be nearly better off buying a 3rd party cable so you wouldn't be limited with it's use

yeah a lot of 'official' data cables don't let you do certain things. like the official siemens one can't be used to unblock your phone, you have to get a 3rd party one!

Advertisement