Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

television signal convertor

Options
  • 02-03-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i have a television from the ukand am in ireland ,, iam under the impression i need a signal convertor, anyone know what this is and where i can get one, or am i mistaken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I presume from your question that you are in a cable area and dont have a roof antenna. What you need is a VHF to UHF converter.

Most sets in the UK were sold with a UHF tuner only - although I thought that had changed in recent years. The only problem you might find is that the converter wont allow the full cable band width to be processed.

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Llike tinky said unless the tv is old you should be ok, hook it up and try tuning it in before buying anything, if it doesn't work you are probably better buying a vcr and tuning the channels through that, a vhf-uhf convertor would cost as much as a cheap vcr and the picture they produce is often not great.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Peats.ie have VHF Converters but they start at €77, which as John R said, is the price of a cheap VCR. I would agree with him regarding a VCR being a much better option than the Televerter.

Advertisement