Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing problem

Options
  • 03-03-2004 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I wanna get something pierced, but i dont know what.
    Any Ideas?!?
    I already have my belly done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You could get your belly done again, I think it looks like when you have three barbels in your navel.
    Check out bmezine.com for ideas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

ill suggest gettin ur tongue done. it looks cool and the guys love it too. i have my belly, tongue and nipple done and havent had any complaints yet. jus be wary bout where ya get it. not everywhere numbs it but ya can get stuff urself to do that anyway.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

numbing it is a bad idea and most good places dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

didn't know that. cheers!!! thought less pain would be better. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

get somethin in your ears done if your into it... everyones ears are slightly different so you can always chat to the piercer dude and think up somethin kewel for yourself....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

yeh just drop into a place and chat.
    i saw this girl in college with her nape pierced,i thought it was really cool and unusual and interesting. turns out, its really really common. its all good though, i still love it. i personally really like lip piercings, there's summat very sexy bout em.

g'luck

Originally posted by Silent Grape

i saw this girl in college with her nape pierced,i thought it was really cool and unusual and interesting. turns out, its really really common.

It's not really very common in Ireland :P
    Napes do look very pretty, especially when you have about 3 of them to form a ladder, i'm getting a 2nd nape done at the end of the month myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Go for the nape, I have one only will probably get more they are the only surface piercing that heal pretty perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

nape... thats the back of your neck, rite?...
    Hmm....
    Dose that hurt...or bleed...or both????

coz im not very good with blood.....

Another thing....
    *** eth0_ , are you a girl?...no disrespect or anything,....I thought, u know the word "pretty" to describe a piercing....u know???.....um....nevermind.....:dunno:

Originally posted by Barbie_666

*** eth0_ , are you a girl?

lol yeah I am a girl :-)
    Nape is the best piercing i ever got, wasn't in the least bit painful and there was no blood at all. Also the easiest to look after, just shower every day as normal ...was careful not to get shampoo into it for the first 2 weeks or so, but I have it nearly a year now and no signs of migration, getting a 2nd one next month.

• Advertisement

ive had mine since july, and one side is starting to hurt all around the ball. hmmmm, problem?

was the most painful few seconds of my life. worse than a tattoo, but then it is over very fast and its painless afterwards.

get it done! it looks very cool and its nice and subtle

etho, did they use a clamp on urs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Painful? I find that quite suprising!

Mine was absolutely painless only a small pinch while breeching skin and no mine was done free hand I dont think it's good practice to do a nape or arm surface with a clamp.

Where did you get it done?

numbing a piercing prolongs the healing process and is a bad idea. otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Originally posted by Silent Grape
    etho, did they use a clamp on urs?

No, I think most peoples napes can't be clamped, skin isn't very loose there.
    I think....

the clamping was ten times more painful than the actual piercing. i was wondering too about the skin being too thick on the back of ur neck.
    anyway i got it done in bodyshock.

Originally posted by bedlam
    I'm intrigued, can you please show me anything that has proven that topical anesthetics slow the healing process when used during the piercing procedure?

Topical anaesthetics like those ones are a mixture of local anaesthetic and a vascoconstrictor which prevents the spread of the anaesthetic compound into the systemic blood supply (to stop anaesthetic spreading somewhere very dangerous like the heart/nervous system/brain).
    Because of the vascoconstrictor, when the anaesthetic is applied it causes the tissue to contract slightly, bunching it up, the effect of this being that the needle will cause more tissue damage than if you had bitten the bullet and gone without the anaesthetic.

More tissue damage means a longer healing time.

Another reason why it's quite pointless to use a numbing cream is because they aren't intended for deep tissue damage....and what I mean is, the piercing will still hurt! Emla etc take the 'edge' off tattooing; generally people use them if they're getting a large area of skin tattooed, as once the adrenaline wears off it's f*cking SORE. Although I believe emla causes some problems with the ink 'sticking', so it's far from ideal.

Basically, unless you use an injectable anaesthetic you will still feel some pain. And as injectibles like xylocaine are illegal to administer unless you're a doctor, they don't really apply to piercings and tattoos.

if a greater area of skin is damaged its going to take longer to heal no matter what the aftercare. these anesthetics also take a while to kick in (up to 45 minutes) and as etho said dont fully stop the pain so they're hardly practical.

Advertisement