Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theres No Place Like Home..

Options
  • 15-03-1999 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Well,

After three long happy years now I've played quake and unfortunetly its time to say goodbye. I dont know for how long or if I'll ever be back. Yes, I know you all heard it all before from other people but alas, Im hardcore and its really hard to put it away. Over the last few months my personal life and my marraige has taken a strain. Its not that Im up to much lately its more that Im on every nite till late and things just cant work out at home when you spend every non-working hour running around a level bashing things. For those of you who have relationships/ married or divored etc, then you'll know that some things are just not worth it. So there you go.

I'd like to take the time to thank a few bods who have made my life in quake a happy one.
    Andy : for introducing me to quake (donno whether i should kill him or not smile.gif
    Carnate for being a good friend. Take it easy bro.
    Cloud, Zero (x-inc smile.gif and Devore for being my idols.
    Nemises, Mickah, Anjo, Scarab, Osi, Shiva, Helg :guys you are the best! Thanx for everything.
    Blaster, bro u know the score. For always been there.
    Vishnu, heh you the man!
    Eddie, keep the ign going, make me proud.
    OL, Kruty, Jay and all the UL lads, you are the maddest basdids going!
    Kaile, Reaper, Slan : check those corners.. check those corners..
    Koopa (+attack) and Blade for making me laf me nuts off on more than one occasion!
    Daa, Crash, Steo, Johno and Bubbles: lads life without you in quake would be dull so keep annoying them all!
    Beast, Von, Tomb, Don, and Alan (x-Inc): best competition I've ever had. You Boyos are class.
    Gandalf, Greenbean, Suds, Lorcan and Pheonix : Be kewl niggas

Im sure I could go on here and thank the world and Im sure I forgot some1. There you goes!

Anyhows.. Deltree Quake.

Eric.

mp_eye.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

Well bro sry to cya ya go sad.gifhay at least ill still cya smile.gif
    Well mp was great fun havin ya as our clan leader u da best smile.gif
    once again bye mp

Blaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

Well bro sry to cya ya go sad.gifhay at least ill still cya smile.gif
    Well mp was great fun havin ya as our clan leader u da best smile.gif
    once again bye mp

Blaster

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

good luck eric.
    thanks for all the help at qp.
    i know we'll see you at qp2 and qf2.
    whitewash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Ah well mate, if u gotta theres nothing you can do about it. In my short time with INC i have found you to be a great mentor and a good friend. We'll all be sorry to see you go, but don't worry, we'll look after your baby in your absence smile.gif

OSi

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Quake in Ireland wont be the same without you Eric ;(
    Best of luck man, hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Quake just wont be the same anymore, but what has to be done has to be done. Kick Ass clan leader and general organiser and a sound bloke was MP, Im sure we'll all miss him.

Cya round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Anjo

Sad to c ya go eric.

U're the man,
    u always will b the man.

keep in touch!!

Anjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Well now the end is near and so I face smile.gif
    Listen Eric we will have to have a final game
    fot yah. here Im not gana say much cause your a quad junky and you WILL be bak

take it easy m8 and your welcome in me house for a bit of quake anytime tongue.gif
    ps thanks for all your help with Destine tooo
    laters cya soon
    Judas^cD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Alas, is it so?? well, good luck to ya mp. We all know ur lying about giving up for all the reasons u mentioned. U just wanna play starcraft, admit it. It can b a start to ure quake detox. Wonder is there a clinic somewhere for ppl like us?? Seriously tho, good luck to ya MP. Was only a year and a half or so
    when urself and the inc boys came down to the cafe and help us start Destine. Which the lads and I r grateful for. All the best....

FurY^cD/John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Ah nooooo. Another one gone. sad.gif Hope we can still rely on the organizational skills from time to time eric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Never used this board till now - just registered, but I have to wish Eric well - I can only say he's making the wise decision departing, sometimes its just the need for a little breathing space.

Thankyou Eric it was you and Ray that really made me feel at home in Quake and also the internet. My good times stem to when INC was being setup - just sorry I couldn't goto quakefest or the wedding!

Thanks for everything MP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Wah!!! what can I say, it's a bit like other addictions, it's ok in moderation but if things start to get out of hand your better off away from it for a while a least..

Well it'll be nice if you still show up at events etc,
    take care..

Blade

P.S. This thread better not beat my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What needs to be said has been said so I'll just say Good Luck.

SB...

P.S. The Great ones always return wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Wait one minute -

Leaving quake for tribes maybe ?

Has all of INC gone to tribes cos I noted on some European servers a group of players displaying distinctively INC tactics....

Me thinks its all a ploy....

He is trying to Phuck with our minds....

All the best Eric.. Life sometimes wins on fragcount..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Sorry to see ya leave man,

and whos gonna get me into coc's free now? smile.gif..

thanks for some great lans man..

Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm another one bites the dust. Take it easy Eric man, wahhh who will I slag now. I'm sure we'll see you at a few lans (If you get a daypass). No you've got your priorities right good luck mate and maybe we can all meet up for a "few" drinks smile.gif

Hmmmm even I've cut down on the old Quake as well. BTW I will not be going to NI Lan sorry Dev - hmmm I'm developing a "real-life" wink.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

cya eric
    the inc times were good and ive still got the tshirt to prove it wink.gif

inc.mindphuck tears inc.felix a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Sorry to see u go Eric, Take care,

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Take care Eric.

Come down and visit us in Guns Island sometime.

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

heh yeah right ure leavin, but anyway gluck. twas a pleasure kickin the sh!te out of you constantly for 2 years smile.gif

I asked pete to ask you to gimme a ring, do it asap plz.

Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

GL Eric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Cya Eric...even tho' you were all quake1 muppetry stands for tongue.gif

adios....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Man,

Sorry to see ya go MP, but I know you'll be back (eventually), They always come back....

Hail To The MP, Baby.

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Da

Eric, thanks for giving me the boosts of support and keeping my head above water in the quake community when I sorta needed it and helping me out in a couple of sticky situations. I'll have to say, I'm going to miss you INC boy...I'm genuinely going to miss slagging you in wars and sg picking you from behind and legging it. heh...Cya Eric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

MP !!

what about me n pred for makin ur life a hell ? smile.gif

cya later we all know TRUE addicts come back smile.gif

H-K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Cya MP, you will be missed around here.

I especially will miss you as there is no one out there I enjoyed ****ing off more than our friendly INC leader. Ahhh the fun I had watching you freak out at me in IRC, while I just laughed at your tiny attempts to get me back smile.gif I'm sorry I didn't do it more and I hope I gave you as much fun as you gave me.

All the best and I hope to see you around.

All the best !

bubbles

bubbles@iol.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bunnor

Ahhh Eric, cmon back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

Cya MP
    sorry to cya go sad.gif
    wont be the same without you sad.gif
    u'll b missed hun
    enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

GL Eric

Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Cya MP. I'll miss you're ****-taking regarding Q2 but I'm sure someone else will oblige me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement