Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 2 For Gamecube......WHERE!?!

Options
  • 03-03-2004 6:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

By any chance has anyone spotted Hitman 2 on the Gamecube for sale anywhere in dublin(particularly the city centre). I managed to have a brief look the other day in most of the shops in town but to no avail and I did'nt have much time to do some intense searching(same as normal searching, but with furrowed brow.) . Any particular places that I might be more likely to find it stocked. I hoped Gamesworld may have had a second hand copy of it going relatively cheap but of course I had forgotten they had changed to Gamestop, who apparently don't sell Gamecube games.( That's sarcasm for those without bones of the funny variety.). Thanks in advance of anyone who can help me, and to those who don't help me......
    "Damn you......you did it! You blew it up!!!!! YOU BLEW IT UUUUUUPPP!!!!!!"
    ---End "Humourous" Movie Referance #364---

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gamestop are a disgrace. the last time i was in there they had about 10 GC games in (new and preowned combined) and about the same in terms of GBA. This was bout 7 weeks ago now...
    You could also try game in tallaght, loads of GC preowned at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw it in Smyths in the Blanchardstown Centre earlier today for €49.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

Well I took the liberty of doing some intense investigative work(Furrowed Brow and all) today via phone. I literally called every game store and not one of the B'tards had it. What was worse was that rather than telling me when it might be next in stock, they just kept advising me to check with one of the other game stores. Damn Them..... So it looks like I am gonna have to pay the 50 euro price tag over in Smyths in Blanch, unless of course by some miracle somone has managed to spot this holy grail of a game somewhere since they last read this, unlikely I know, but I'm desperate man, desperate enough to just actually go on a real life killing spree simply to simulate the fun that GAME and Gamestop are devoiding me of!!!!!! ARGH!

you could try Xtravision. I was in the Finglas one this morning and they didn't have it new or second hand, but the Xtravision in Blanch (beside the McDonalds drive thru) could have it, they've a bigger selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Well don't bother checking Xtravision in Swords, they have an incredible selection of 3 GC games :rolleyes:

That's something I know very well celtic Tiger, even worse is that new Harvey Norman or whatever thats opened recently. I must have searched in there for around ten minutes before figuring out that they (Bafflingly) dont sell Gamecube games. Madness. Oh and Robert Foster, are you sure it was the Gamecube Hitman 2 you saw in Smyth's in blanch, its just that I gave them a call a few days ago and got a strangely blunt "No" when I asked them if they had Hitman 2, no checking or anything. Me thinks the guy may have just been a lazy B'tard who could'nt give a rats whether or not the game I wanted was there. So if you could confirm that you're sure you saw the gamecube Hitman 2 over in Smyths in Blanch that would be great. Cos I sure as hell don't wanna make that long trip for nothing. Thanks for the Help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

you're better off going into GAME. I rang henry st before asking had they got UO and they said no. I went in and there was 7 cases on the PC wall. They even tried to say there was none until i brought the 7 of them to the counter.

It was some lazy ****er who looks like shaggy out scooby doo who served me.

it was there when I went in on thursday. I saw it and said to myself "there's a guy on the boards forum looking for that, I should tell him" that's when people started to stare at me for talking to myself so I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Seen it in Game on Grafton Street yesterday for €30.

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the help guys. Oh and Celtic Tiger, was the game over in the Gamecube section or was it in that second hand-bin thing they have. Just so I know where to look, cos its obvious the fools who work there aint gonna be much help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

According to gamestop nintendo has gone belly up, their staff are clueless when it comes to the big N

I have worked in Gamestop (gamesworld) in cork for over 2 years now and i think compared to smyths & game and co. we are not really clueless.One of the owners of the gamestop company was at the last E3 show and went up to a member of the nintendo team and asked about the supply for the irish market and why was it so hard to get games.

The nintendo reps reply: "So, why do we care that the irish market thinks?they are our most minute market share"

I'm a huge ninty fan and always have been but that's why its so hard to get their games in Ireland it's not cause gamestop don't want to stock them,its cause nintendo wont supply them easily = higher prices = delayed games = annoyed customers= less interest in nintendo = less shelf space for their games

I've nothing against Gamesworld (gamestop..whatever). When I heard the DC was dying I went in search of one. The only place I found was in Gamesworld, which they had found one "hidden in the stockroom the day before". I got a brand new DC, 8 games and a keyboard for a mere €50...I then went to GAME and bought Shenmue and a VMU for €60+

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

ya i'd have to agree with ye that in general the company aren't fond of gamecubes.a few months ago the future for the cube was uncertain cause nintendo actually DID stop production of the cube and software pending an increase in sales.I think the general concensus going through the stores was offer other consoles instead because we can guarantee a supply of games after sale.With the cube however nobody was sure.Another reason - some stores are really that crap with bad staff.
    I'm just glad the cube is still around i love it, and like everyone else i wish the games were easier to get,it can be v. frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not everyone who works in a game shop hates the cube! i work in game, and i'll push GC to anyone whos prepared to listen! though it is great having first dibs on the trade-ins...

Advertisement