Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of Infomation Act

Options
  • 03-03-2004 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

In my college some coutinuous assessment items are not returned.

I was wondering why... thinking extern examiner... but the official line is that retention is necessary to allow the college fulfil its obgligations under the Freedom of Information act.

Is this correct? Can people request my essays under the act? when? wow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheElder

me thinks they can...
    the original act said you could get what you want.
    then the next one said you couldnt read info on other people
    the latest one, as far as i know, says you can look at any info the college (or organisation) has on you/about you/by you, but they can charge a small clerical fee... the FOI doesnt cover sensitive info, so they couldnt get your bank details and the likes...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Originally posted by Johnnymcg
    ...What college are you in? [/B]

NUIG

Advertisement