Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Combat.....what way do you kill yours?????

Options
  • 03-03-2004 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I have to say there is nothing better than planting c4 around a car/jeep/tank ....

and then waiting for e few unsuspecting players to jump in ....thinking that there heading into battle only to blown to ****e!!!!!!:D

Also running someone over in a jeep is a close second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Desert Combat what way do you kill yours?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

yeah running over is defo the cool way.

I also love snipering out some1 who is gunner on a tank or on the weapon in the humvee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

You talking about tking?

Nothing beats a mine placed on the hull of a tank :-)

As soon as it moves... *BOOM*

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

SAM on a helicopter full of troops.
    Trouble is, most of the time there's only a pilot, who bails out over the flag and I end up shooting down an empty 'copter. :(

That and sniping people at long range with an RPG7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

notting beats riddleing them with bullets at long range from a helio

Any tank death comes a close second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

scud launcher

if you manage to get it into a good position...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

There's nothing like :

1. Pistol whipping someone

2. The second and final stinger up some f&%$er in apache\hinde.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

C4 I'd say is my forté.

Once is got a guy three times, I was only my way to the spawn, he was in a tank, threw it in front of him, blew him up:)

Then he came again, he saw the c4 this time, got out of the tank and looked around, I was hiding behind a dumpster, he was looking for a good 2 minutes but never found me. He got back into his tank and slowly moved over the c4. I waited till he was nearly over it and blew him up again :)

Then i was nearly at the spawn, and he just roared out in a jeep, threw down the c4. Boom :D

Was sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Flag campin in a T72, dos'nt always work(ever try and hide a T72?):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

My best and most fav is hitting choppers in flight with the M-109 Howitzer artillery. o yeah :D

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I especially like blowing the lads up with C4 during our LAN's... i lay it behind them then shout "Fire in the hole" and BOOOM!!! can never get enough of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

That and sniping people at long range with an RPG7.

Yeah ..Bluedrax.....I lost count how many times you you hit me with that last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lemme see...

Put a few C4's next to a flag, and wait in a nearby building. Snipe the locals, and blow the fuse if a tank gets too near the flag :)

Or, hide behind/in some bushes, with a sniper rifle. When you start shooting, they'll look around, and then look up. Sniping from a nearby hill also is fun. Or a rooftop. Try to kill the same guy as many times as possible.

Kamikazi into an nme plane, and nick their only other plane :D

Finally, going Kamikazi. F*ck all health left, aim ur plane at the tank/AA gun/nme chopper, and go in. Try to jump out @ the last mo (if under 15 feet, the chute usually fails to open), and run around the nme base, C4'ing the nme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I tend to kill myself more but when I do manage to point my turret at the enemy a good old fashioned running over in said vehicle is great, that or hitting choppers with my plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Wing kills in fighters is always fun, can even cut peoples heads off ontop of a tank, or drivign a jeep at times, however, its is SLIGHTLY risky ^_^. Any rocket/shell hitting someone while parachutting is always funny. Or demo jeeps..... you know the ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i enjoyed sniping people in bocage today was good fun, i did find it amusing when people where ducking from sniper fire i find it easier to hit them then as they move real slow, if they are up running about i can't hit the bastids.

also like taking out choppers with a stinger, and in close range maps theres nothing like taking someone out with 1 shot with your shot gun

have to say i think support is quite well rounded on a close range map with the medic, shot gun and the mines

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Howitzer into a pack of full BMPs/jeeps/troop carriers.

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

RPG to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

when you sneak into a building and find someone shooting out a window and they have no idea you are there and you can take all the time in the world to walk up behind then and whip there ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

have to say , getting right up behind some campin sniper and 1 shot to the head with a pistol point blank.....................just hope they are wearing head phones,

(or else betting sniper with M16 or AK47 form some distance)

Advertisement