Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Gay Spokesperson says Gay Sex is Like Heroin its so good

Options
  • 03-03-2004 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Family Research Council founder Paul Cameron is frequently cited as an authority on sexuality by the religious right. This guy doesn't seem to make the best case for trying to prevent homosexuality though:

Dr. Paul Cameron, founder of the Family Research Institute and ISIS, the institute for the Scientific Investigation of Sexuality:
    "Untrammeled homosexuality can take over and destroy a social system," says Cameron.

"If you isolate sexuality as something solely for one's own personal amusement, and all you want is the most satisfying orgasm you can get and that is what homosexuality seems to be then homosexuality seems too powerful to resist. The evidence is that men do a better job on men and women on women, if all you are looking for is orgasm."

So powerful is the allure of gays, Cameron believes, that if society approves that gay people, more and more heterosexuals will be inexorably drawn into homosexuality. "I'm convinced that lesbians are particularly good seducers," says Cameron. "People in homosexuality are incredibly evangelical," he adds, sounding evangelical himself. "It's pure sexuality. It's almost like pure heroin. It's such a rush. They are committed in almost a religious way. And they'll take enormous risks, do anything."

He says that for married men and women, gay sex would be irresistible. "Martial sex tends toward the boring end," he points out. "Generally, it doesn't deliver the kind of sheer sexual pleasure that homosexual sex does" So, Cameron believes, within a few generations homosexuality would be come the dominant form of sexual behavior.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by yellum
    So, Cameron believes, within a few generations homosexuality would be come the dominant form of sexual behavior.

Well, I'm torn. I can see how this would be fun for a while, but it's not really a sustainable long-term strategy for humanity. Better slow down on the old straight-guy-seduction I suppose. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by yellum
    It's pure sexuality. It's almost like pure heroin. It's such a rush. They are committed in almost a religious way. And they'll take enormous risks, do anything."

where do I sign up? ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The evidence is that men do a better job on men and women on women, if all you are looking for is orgasm.

Probably because lesbians dont shag for 3 minutes, fart and then fall asleep :)

The guys can bang each other, fall asleep, wake up and have a beer watching the game together...

I'll get me coat :)

DeV.

ps: saying that married sex is at the boring end isnt exactly the best stance for the churches really... LOL...

pps: That last "ps" was a poor attempt at a serious comment on the tract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by DeVore
    Probably because lesbians dont shag for 3 minutes, fart and then fall asleep :)

The guys can bang each other, fall asleep, wake up and have a beer watching the game together...

We really have a lot to teach you DeV.

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think this guy switched sides...

however he's wrong about the marrige thing....very wrong. :D.

And I hardly think people just change from straight to gay just for the orgasim, I would think you would have to be gay or bi to some degree before hand.

funny stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Suzybie

Lots of information on Paul Cameron here....

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron.html

Have much experience of this guy and his work...Family Solidairty (in early 90's) and Youth Defence wheel his research out in Ireland from time to time

Suzy

First bit posted below....

Paul Cameron

Paul Cameron circa 1986 Psychologist Paul Cameron has used his own studies to claim that homosexuals threaten public health, social order, and the well-being of children. His conclusions are generally at odds with other published research, and objective indices show that his work has had no apparent impact on scientific research on sexual orientation.
    Although Cameron has been criticized in the popular press, extensive scientific critiques of his group's research have not been widely available. Those that have been published have been brief or appeared in obscure journals. This inattention by the scientific community is perhaps not surprising, given the poor quality of the Cameron group's data and the low prestige of the journals in which they have published. Most scientists have simply ignored the Cameron studies.

Lacking training in research methods and statistics, however, nonscientists may not be equipped to subject the Cameron group's results to the rigorous scrutiny that they warrant. Consequently, they may mistakenly assume that the Cameron group's papers are basically sound because they included lengthy bibliographies, reported many statistics, and were published in academic journals. Some members of the lay public may not understand that the mere presence of bibliographic references does not guarantee an assertion's accuracy or validity, that statistics can easily be generated from faulty data, and that academic journals vary widely in their quality and their criteria for accepting papers for publication

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Who wouldn't want to endure years in a relationship they weren't comfortable with for a few orgasms? :) ffs, the bull**** people come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

"I'm convinced that lesbians are particularly good seducers," says Cameron.

*cracks up* It's true.... Bring on the mass gayness! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

here's an counter-argument you could use (its stupid but its no more stupd then his)

Imagine if all the world leaders were getting great sex and mind blowing orgasm from being gay... wouldnt that lead to less of the hormone-oriented military operations. :)

I dunno, I find the entire proposal moronic. As a wise man once said, theres nothing as underated as a good shíte and nothing as overrated as a bad ****.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

God that is one stupid PR. Wonder what the fondation of their "research" is.
    Does being gay also make your teeth fall out and keep you thin like Heroin?

*boggle*

• Advertisement
Advertisement