Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let me ask u a Question?

• 03-03-2004 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

hey,
    just wondering is this a place where people that like hip hop come together? or is just a place where people that like it (but just pissed because they cant do it) come together to bitch about it?

i mean come on i know ther's not alot of good stuff out there but the reason we have these places is so we can talk about it!!!

there people afraid to post that they like Em and 50 and co because some of u think that there over rated and mainstream and that they in turn and just pop heads for liking them!!

i think a little respect for other people should be shown in the future!!!!

Philip:cool:
    a liker of all rap including Em, 50, GGGGGG-unit, obie, dre, snoop, ll cool j, will smith, NWA, chuck d, DMX (BARK BARK) met, redman Wu tan clan, biggie, 2pac, luda, nelly, Kanye West, twista, ol' dirthy bastard, alica keys, eve, N.E.R.D and many more u might not like!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

OMFG!!?!!?
    N.E.R.D suX0rz u f00l!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*straightens tie*

Now that I've released that from my system, I think the general idea of a forum is for discussion. Thus, discussion needs people of different views to discuss different artists of Hip Hop.
    Of course people are going to disagree with others taste in music, thats the idea and thus, breed interesting arguements over certain artists plus and minus.
    That's the idea.

Now, if someone's to "scared" to post because they think they'll be flamed for saying "I like Nelly" then I'd say they need to grow a little backbone and just dive into it. I'm not saying they should get into huge heated screaming matches about it, I'm saying they should be able to discuss with someone of a different view about how Nelly is a good ... *sigh*... rapper.

So my general stance on this is to the people who aren't willing to post because their scared.
    Grow a backbone! Dive in and get some debates started!
    Defend the people you listen to, don't just sit there and let it slide.
    In a friendly way of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

well said can-ox
    talk about whatever you want with regards to rap/hip-hop music, culture, movies whatever, As can-ox said, if you cant handle someone slagging your taste in music you obviously dont like it enough :p .

I'll stamp on any serious personal abuse but disagreements and different taste make for interesting discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Exactly. I mean, most of us who are slagging were brought into the genre by a lot of the people you mentioned but now have a deeper view of hip hop. We say they suck for a reason. A pop beat that someone finds kinda catchy does not represent good hip hop. The fact is that some artists are in it for the money and spout off some non-sensical sh1t about popping caps in b1tches and that hip hop is defined by pimps and hoes. This hurts the genre and hip hop has gained this reputation of something that only appeals to 14 year old skangers.

If you like someone, justify it, say why this person is a credit to the genre and if you give the reason "Because he can make nice songs without cursing" or "Because he defines pimpism." Maybe you really should shut the **** up.

Can't stand Snoop ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

:: EDIT ::
    I totally misread pgodkin's post...oops...I'm tired, bleh...

People don't refuse to say they like 50 cent, Nerd(?), Will Smith (:eek: ) etc not because they think peopl will judge them...it's because that music is ****.

It's manufactured and controlled, repetitive and boring...and totally strays away from the essence of true hip hop. It's unoriginal pop music decorated with a bit of hip-hop exterior...which isn't the most exciting music to me, personally.

I like N.E.R.D but tbh, for me - they dont really come under the heading of hip hop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I like N.E.R.D. and I think they are hip-hop.
    What genre do you think they are Kold? I think they have their own niche, like Missy Elliot. They fuse different genres together to get their own style. But pigeon holing music into specific genres is a bit stupid anyway.

And as for the subject of this thread, I'll just echo everyone elses sentiments, in that if you're afraid to post about specific artists obviously you don't think they're up to scratch and worth defending if you are challenged about them.

I'd say alternative... or hip hop influenced rock/rap hybrid kerspluh

Advertisement