Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier Death Threat

• 03-03-2004 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Houllier Death Threat

Ok which one of you was it or is antone taking this seriously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It wasn't me

I want Houllier to live forever and manage Liverpool for ever.

Houllier is God.

Sick b'stards sending death threats, there is no need for it, Houllier is the best Manager Liverpool have ever had, only Souness can be held in as high regard....by Manchester United fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

It wasnt me, but GH can f**k off!

They make out that this is a surprise, doesnt surprise me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I don't think he's doing the job for the pool anymore. They need a new manager.
    But death threats are not on.
    there's some pretty sick puppies out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

There are a lot of disgruntled Liverpool Fans at the moment , me included. The fact is we are closer points wise to the bottom of the table than we are to the top. I think Gerard has done a great job up to now but its now time for him to step aside. It is sickening to hear that some people are steeping this low by sending death threats to the man who tried his best to bring the club back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

between the death threat and the incident at the training ground last week its all getting a bit to serious. Like him or not Houllier has done a good job he has achieved a lot since the dark days of Souness and Evans. He doesn't deserve as much **** e as he has been getting. fair enough his time has come to maybe step back to the director of football role or somethin but i wouldn't be suprised if sick bastards that have done these things get their way and houllier walks at the end of the year. Why wouldn't he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

he's a good man, and deserves nothing like this. He's still in charge of Liverpool despite his heart scare, but the same could be said of Glenn Roeder at West Ham, and keeping someone on because of pity will never work out in the short and long term. While not a Liverpool fan myself, and would in fact prefer Houllier to stay in charge from that point of view (or take over at arsenal :p), he's not doing the business for Liverpool any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

its about time too, i predict it was the liverpool board trying to rattle him and make him resign rather than them having to break their sacred tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

I know Houllier's a stubborn man, but surely the death threat and graffiti at Melwood must be disturbing for him. While he doesn't deserve treatment like that, he does still deserve to get the boot.

His "5 year plan" (Very Stalinist;)) has not succeeded and 5 years was ample time to be given. Now, if Liverpool looked like they had a side that could seriously challenge for the title next year then maybe he could be given some leeway. But they don't look like potential title winners and his signings such as Biscan, Diao, Traore amongst others are obviously not up to scratch.

Im excluding Cheyrou and Diouf from that list as Cheyrou has been playing OK lately and Diouf was doing fairly well on the right before the African Nations.

His time is up and he should leave or be sacked. Not only that, but any manager who thinks Heskey is worth playing on the wing:confused: and who gets rid of Litmanen and Fowler and chooses not to sign one of the best strikers in Europe (Anelka, duh!:D) should be committed to a mental asylum!! :mad:

As for his repalcement, I have no realistic idea as to who should get the job. Dalglish? Toshack? Keggy Keegan? Ranieri? Troussier? Who knows? :dunno:

Ideally - O'Neill or Cappello I guess. Or maybe Sam Allardyce or Alan Curbishley. Can't see that happening though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by smemon
    its about time too, i predict it was the liverpool board trying to rattle him and make him resign rather than them having to break their sacred tradition.
    :confused: The tradition isn't really about keeping up appearances, more a way that they have decided to conduct themselves with employees - what are you trying to suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He doesn't deserve that Crap. He is obviously not the man for the job but I'm sure he has always done his best for the Club. His time is up as Manager but he should be let go without the morons reverting to such tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Death Threats? DEATH THREATS?

I can't count the number of times my mother screamed at me "I'm going to fcuking kill you when I get my hands on you you fcuking little bastard"

Maybe it was my mother who sent him the death threat. This is a new departure for her, deranged and all though she unquestionably is. Usually she keeps her death threats within the family. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Just goes to show the minority of mindless idiots that are still out there supporting football clubs. Liverpool fans used to go over the top in regard to the Munich air disaster and how they abused United fans over it. It took the Hillsborough tragedy for alot of them idiots to kop on (no pun intended, honestly ;) ) Uneducated halfwits whoever did this.

Obviously, as a Manchester United fan I hope Houllier stays and keeps Liverpool at a mediocre level for many more years to come. Houllier forever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I think we have all ranted on about GH enough times ,but the death threat was probably written by a Everton or Man u fan hoping the team will close ranks and keep him in a job for another year.(come to think of it GH probably wrote it himself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    ....(come to think of it GH probably wrote it himself)

Quite possible. :)

Only that'd be too fiendishly clever for a man who thinks Igor Biscan could cut it in the Premiership - at centre half of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

GH is fiendishly clever and the sad part is hes not a good motivator...too much of the authoritarian gist about him,meybe good in France but not what is required in Premiership ...Nuff said

Advertisement