Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cdrom & Dvd R failure on win XP

Options
  • 03-03-2004 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

My windows Xp system Blue screened over the weekend when i was reading datafrom the CD. When i rebooted the Optical drives where missing ( no d: and e: drive). When i went into device manager i got ! yellow dot over the cdrom drivers. The error message says cdrom drives cannot be loaded as they are corrupt. Ive tried to replace the drivers several times by deleing them and rebooting but they keep coming back the same way.

Also secondary IDE controller is missing off the device list. The primary controllser is still there with my HD disk connected to it.

My bios still list the two optical dives as normal on the POST screen. So i dont think theres anything wrong with the controller.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

What the hell was on the CD????:D

This is a strange problem alright, try installing the updated MB drivers these should hold all IDE controler etc.. updates, go to the MB website and download.

Thanks joePC....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 seawolf1540

A copy of winrip was on the cd... nothing special

i downloaded the latest nvidia mb drivers. (A7nx8 MB) they downloaded fine and installed fine but didnt fix the problem.

Is it possible that the secondary controller has a hardware failue ... this would be kinda stange seeing that the primary ide controller is still working perfectly.

Both optical drives are on the secondary controller.

Advertisement