Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston

• 03-03-2004 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m heading off to Boston next week and as is the case I’m just looking for some pointers, tips and the like from anybody that’s been. Also, can anybody tell me what’s the craic with these big Discount Warehouses that I keep hearing about? You know the ones that tend to be outside the big cities that have designer goods at ridiculous prices? Are they any use?

Thanks in advance.

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Hi there,

I lived in Boston for about 3 and a half to 4 months during summer of 2003. Its a fab city. I really loved it there. So clean, and of course full of Irish.

I can't say that I've ever been to those discount stores but if your after clothes check out Filenne's basement for reduded prices on designer labels. Filenne's is on Washington st. get off the subway at Downtown crossing!

The discount goods comes from upstairs from Filenne's. the markdown system works something like this: after 14 days discounted to 25%, 21 days, 50, and so on.

If your after Irish pubs, and there are plenty, check out the Littlest bar on Province st., again get off at Downtown Crossing! Try also McGann's get off the freen line at North Station subway stop.

Also check out touristy spots like Copley Place, Fenway Park, Boston Common, Boston Harbour, Faneuil Hall, and even try make it up to Harvard (on Red Line).

Enjoy your trip and if ya need more info, just ask. I'll do my best. Hope the above helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was over there a few summers back my bro lives there

he brought me up to maine (hour drive from boston city centre) and we went into the levi's outlet store the jeans were like 30 dollars each.

so good i bought like 5 pairs

Advertisement