Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAL to NTSC conversion....

Options
  • 03-03-2004 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all,
    i'll start from the begining...

I brought a car in from Japan in April... it has a Television in it...
    the format of the tv is NTSC and as you know we use PAL everything..
    i am putting a playstation2 into the car and it works fine appart from the pic..
    the picture is black and white and there is a small bit of the top of the screen that should be at the bottom....

solved 1 prob, i got a colour freq converter to change it to 60hz and it worked
    i now have colour but the bit at the top is still there... if it was an old tv i could just
    fix it with the vertical hold knob, but in the age of tech they have got rid of it, and its an lcd screen so it cant be magneticilly moved... so is there any way of fixing this without getting a digital ntsc to pal converter? the tv will never need to be run on
    nstc format again so adjusting anything internal to fix it wont ne a prob, cos i just want it to use pal now.... any ideas???
    one other thing.. there is an IR port on the tv so im guessing there was a remote before i bought it, is there much chance if there being a vertical hold function built into a lcd tv? that might be accesable through the remote if i could get one?

later

Macker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Are there any brand names or model numbers on any of the equipment ?

I assume there is a TV tuner somewhere in the car, is it feasible to replace this ? A new tuner may provide pal inputs. If you provide some more info on the equipment maybe someone can help:

What inputs are available ?
    Is there a seperate tuner ?
    What is the "colour frequency converter" thingy ?
    Is there any form of RGB input to the device ?

Tinky

Advertisement