Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK sales Phone Number diverted to IRL??

Options
  • 03-03-2004 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I suppose this could just as easily be posted under net/comms but anywayz...

Is it possible to set up a uk based phone number for sales purposes and have it in a way that calls are diverted to an office in Ireland?
    This would be for a small business situation with relatively low volume of calls initially.

If this is a possibility, any idea on what it would cost, links, etc would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's quite common. I get the impression that the UK customer would pay for the call within the UK and you would pay the (full cost) international bit, together with a monthly handling charge.

I imagine quite a few operators would provide such a service, especially if they provide major services in both countries.

If you expect the volume of calls to climb steeply, you should be wary of balancing monthly charge with call charge.

Alternatively you could move to the north and have customers only paying national rates from both countries, although AFAIK you would be paying international rates to call here though, unless you could get an option on your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

very easy actually !

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks Victor. I did a bit of net scavaging and found that it can be done via an 0871 number. Only snag is that the call diversion is not possible for Ireland yet ..i've emailed them to ask when it will be added.

http://www.callsure07050.co.uk/0871telephone.html#0871%20Euro%20Numbers
    http://www.4solutions.info/worldcall.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Can be done at very reasonable cost with lo-call numbers in the UK diverting to Irish numbers. That's even more attractive for the customer

Advertisement