Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The reason Enterprise ratings are down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by bizmark
    Enterprise is useing the TNG warp scale

I remember talking about that with people before. My point stays the same that other seris did not mention the earlyier ships

"Take a good look Nx class ship and more are on the way" <-- archer to some aliens bullying earths cargo ships

Nx delta etc was mentioned in a enterprise ep where archer and some other guy uses it to break warp 3.....The aplha broke warp 2

Yes but you said
    "NX was never mentioned very very odd for the first warp 5 ship
    so i thought that ment that we wernt talking about Enterprise episodes?
    You said that the Enterprise/NX wasent mentioned before and that it was odd.

Im just saying that none of the ships before Enterprise except the phionex was mentioned so it is not that odd that the enterprise wasent mentioned.
    Originally posted by Kaids
    If you dont have anything relevent to say then dont post

I love in debth discussions biz but we can agree on this cant we....

Enterprise should be delcared non-cannon
    or
    Enterprise should turn out to be in the mirror univerce with the mighty terran empire and screw those loser fans who dont like S31

EDIT: why the hell was page 3 so long? on normel topics it goes to a new page quick enough but we typed loads and it didnt change page...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ok im going to start this again and try and make my points clearer.....

The ship Enterprise Nx-01 wasn’t mentioned in star trek tos tng ds9 or voyager that’s odd because the ship appears to be quite important for the following reasons 1.Its a enterprise 2.Its the first warp 5 ship 3.Its off saving earth 4.Its involved in a time war 5.Its made first connect with a good few aliens etc.

The test ships ARE mentioned in enterprise so they ARE mentioned in star trek cannon which is fine we get a pretty clear line to the warp 5 ship (which is nice) unless enterprise is declare non cannon. As has the phoenix anyway forget about them for the mo

Have a look at the other enterprises EVERY ONE of them has been mentioned and shown on screen even the ones we really have never seen much off ....E-B E-C the same should be true of NX-01 but its not i find they very very odd

Why wouldn’t any Starfleet captain mention the Nx-01 it played a pivotal role shaping the future up to and beyond the 24 centuries it and its crew possible played a major part in the romulan war and the formation of the federation?? You see where im coming from? It being the first warp 5 ship is only a small part of why it’s odd for it never to be mentioned

It all points to enterprise never exsiting or just being plan unimportant but that seems unlikely due to its saveing earth and all

It is some sort of ****ed up time travel thing. It all points to 1 thing.
    The sphere builders. The only way to restore the timeline and make enterprise make sence is to defeat the sphere builders in the past.
    If they are defeated then they will never build the spheres. The spheres created the expance, in the expance unique life evolved like the Xindi.
    The suliban temperal cold war exists because of the sphere builders

and i quote
    The guy who talks to Sulibon: "Those in contact with the Xindi are from another faction"
    The Temperal cold war in some way relates to the Sphere builders. If they are defeated then the Xindi attack will never happen
    The Sulibon will never chace a klingon to earth in the first episode of Enterprise either.

I agree that it is odd they didnt mention the Enterprise or other NX in other seris.

Damm cold war...

If the expanse/Sphear builders/sulibu never exsited most of the time line would be perfect again

No expanse No meeting the klingons No 7 million dead on earth ....But they would still need to explan a few other things

What do u think would be better biz?

1.At the end of Enterprise last season the sphere builders and everything is ok.

2.At the end of the 4th season the defeat the sphere builders and then follow the timeline so we have 3 seaons (5 6 7) of the propper timeline, with the romulan war and all that.

• Advertisement

This is a one seasion arc so what ever happens happens this year i think

What would be best seeming we know the sphear builders has their heads kicked in by the fed's would be starfleet "in the future" sorting its **** out and restoreing the ****ing timeline thats with Time travel police guys are for.Surely the Fed could send a fleet or even agent's back in time to kill "future guy" theirfore the Suliban would never exsit ......with no suliban being a threat to enterprise its weapions tech wouldnt advance so quick so no Photons!....they could do the same to the sphears/expanse in the past

And their ya go all sorted out ! timeline restored all is hunkydorry....Bah i dont think that would happen though but no douth archer will find away.

What would you do user

I think this cold war will last another season because i went to the startrek.com and on the page there was a pic and 2 lines about the last episode in this season and i think it will probbley be to be contunied but im not positive.

I would like the idia of having a earth/romulan war with nukes going off all over the place.

Be cool alright seeming Andor etc gets into the war

I didnt know that...

I thought that it was just a rom/earth war fought with nukes before the invention of view screans.

what part did the andorians play in the war and what episode was it mentioned in?

It was Earth Andor and some other race starting with T against the Romulans tbh im not sure if it was mentioned on screen and so might just be speculation but it makes alot of sense war's have a way of making long term allies (ie the federation)

Vulcans didn’t take part the pointy eared pacifist

And viewscreens where invented romulans just didn’t use them ....Come on honestly a race able to travel in space but not able to developed viewscreen technology?

• Advertisement

That is impressive military might for the star empire to match the millitant andorians and the humans.

I dont think it was mentioned onscrean. i cant remember it been mentioned anyway

The militry of earth seems to suck donkey balls from what we seen tbh Andor seems to have big impressive ships though

Id say over all the rommies had between 500 -1000 ships and allies 300-700 thats why the Daedalous class was developed a quick and powerful warship (defiant style) to win the war.

anyway the romulans lost and federation formed....Apperetly because of the lost of life on the allies side rommies ****ed off into hideing for 100 year's so they must of been badly hurt by it as well

be a cool war :)

Well the rommies would have a huge fleet because they would have plans to re-occupy vulcan at some point.

Ye would be a great war.

Andor would have a fully war ready fleet due to there cold war with Vulcan so for some time Andor would you’d think bear the brunt of the war while Earth is off building its fleet or buying warships

The romulan fleet doesn’t have to be huge just a dedicated warfleet compared to the smaller andor fleet and the cargo/exploring/semi war ship dominated earthfleet

Ye the andors would be war ready,
    I can see why the vulcans stayed netruel...

There 2 biggest enemies Andoriens and Romulans and some other loser planet called earth are all in some big war. If Vulcans stay netruel they win.

Earth becomes the Quadrants super power after the rommie war so i wouldn’t call earth a "loser world" just one with out a big military but a HUGE economy and ship building abilit

Ye but back then they where viewed as a loser planet, it took a good while for them to become the super power they are 2day.

Earth was never considered a loser planet ...They had a nuke war and took around 50 years to fully recover from then only 50-80 more to totally dominate the quadrant beat the Romulans and form the Federation

:D Earth rocks

Ye but reley when earth first started to explore space they where viewed as just some minor race like bynars or some other race with just a little fleet and.

Wasent S31 around since the founding of the federation?
    I wonder if we will see its formation at the end of Enterprise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

damned if i was wading through all that when i got home

firstly who says enterprise is using TNG warp scale?

the race starting with T would be the tellerites (sp?) one of the founders of the federation iirc

section 31 is around since the start of the federation it was part of the original charter

enterprise is canon its on screen that is all that matters, the fact that the enterprise was never mentioned in TNG, TOS whatever is irrelevant we all know the simple reason is that it wasn't part of the history then but it is now if people can't get there head out of there ass and swallow that don't watch it, its on screen now and its new star trek and i for one enjoy watching it.

it will be made to fit in as best as they can with what we know as the future and we will just have to live with it

data

• Advertisement

I am still going to hope for the rise of the mighty terran empire.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    damned if i was wading through all that when i got home

firstly who says enterprise is using TNG warp scale?

the race starting with T would be the tellerites (sp?) one of the founders of the federation iirc

section 31 is around since the start of the federation it was part of the original charter

Its easy enough to work out what scales their useing some have done so already and it works out to be the TNG scale (im not searching the interwebby for it)

That race sounds right and yes section 31 was around at the start of the fed more than likely as a counter to the Rommie intellagence agency
    enterprise is canon its on screen that is all that matters, the fact that the enterprise was never mentioned in TNG, TOS whatever is irrelevant we all know the simple reason is that it wasn't part of the history then but it is now if people can't get there head out of there ass and swallow that don't watch it, its on screen now and its new star trek and i for one enjoy watching it.

IV said it before and ill say it again.....You’re a fanboy you can’t argue with fanboys because they won’t bleave ANYTHING you throw at them.
    Fan: Oh look the timeline is all ****ed up their must be a logical reason for this maybe it’s because as Daniels himself said enterprise is a alternive timeline therefore explaining the difference in both timelines BINGO!
    Fanboy : Eh so what enterprise is so L33T man big bangs and some tits **** the timeline!!!!
    Fan: er ok then but you do relies that one 3 year show doesn’t have the right to piss on 30 years of known Facts
    Fanboy: But the explosions man!! And the time war you got to love the time war!! + That akira is one sexy ship
    Fan : **** this :dunno:

Originally posted by User45701
    I am still going to hope for the rise of the mighty terran empire.

Theres noting pointing to a terran empire earth isnt "evil" hence not being a mirror of the "real" federation earth

we know nothing of the much earlyier days of the terran/vulcan empire its possible this Xindi war will lead to a more agressive earth

A mirror universe means EVERY thing is Different earth would be "evil" from the outset not just because of some small scale war.

I think

Well there is very little cannon info on the mirror univerce.

One of the books by william shatner has the 2 spocks meeting and discussing in great detail history of both there univerces. They decide that the 2 univerces "split" after First contact.

My point is we dont know enough about the mirror univerce to know what there earley history was like.

1 event 9/11 alterd our history greatley it has caused many conflicts and much death.

It makes sence to assume that 1 event like an atack on earth or the suliban ****ing around with the klingon empire would alter the univerce allot

Books arent cannon

what is it with you and the mirror univerise Ds9 ****ed it all up anyway "mighty" my ass it gets conqured 150 or so years after enterprise where as the real federation goes on strong well into the 29th centure so how Mighty are they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A mirror universe means EVERY thing is Different earth would be "evil" from the outset not just because of some small scale war.

I think
    Loath as I am to even participate in this thread (sorry chaps, but it's actually quite funny so far), a "mirror universe" doesn't implicitly mean that everything is opposite. Kirk appealed to the logic of the alternative Spock in the original series episode. On the face of it the alternative Spock wasn't all that different from the usual one apart from the fake beard.

"Mirror" is rather a poor term to be honest (admittedly it was part of the title used for the episode but it was easier to understand than "Alternative" or "Alternate" for the execs that like to do things like not call movies "The Assassin" or "Licence Revoked" for fear that people won't understand the terms). A single aspect of the universe as experienced by the nation's favourite Starfleet crew happened to be rather significantly different from the universe they had experience of. The beard was put in to remind us all of who was who.

I said it was a book and i said it was not cannon.

I love the mirror univerce it only fell because one of the greatest minds became a ****ing pasafist (how do u spell that?)

I love the idia of the great emperor tiberus Kirk

• Advertisement

Loath as I am to even participate in this thread (sorry chaps, but it's actually quite funny so far

yes im board of this ....i was board of this 4 hours ago but eh
    a "mirror universe" doesn't implicitly mean that everything is opposite.

So it doesnt quite mean its totaly different but doesnt quite mean it is not...

Anyway by the shows own admission enterprise is set in an alternate universe I couldn’t be arsed trying to prove it anymore

Advertisement