Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The reason Enterprise ratings are down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

When did they say it was in a alternite timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Azila prime or what ever it was called

"Your timeline shouldnt be happening notting that has happened has reached us in the future" or something along those lines was said on board the Enterprise-Jimmy i think Which = alternate timeline TOS TNG DS9 VOYAGER where all uneffected by Enterprise......crist yey!

Danials said

"Where 400 years in the future. He talks about the expance says it expands 50,000 light years in all dirictions and it is growing. The sphere builders are altering this space to make it habatble for their species. Its a prelude to invasion." *he brings archer to the battle of procieon 5 where the federation engases the sphere builders*
    "The klingons are also in the federation. The federation wins the day, the dive the enemy back to there relem. This species has tech that can examine alternite timelines, they have seen enterprises future and they have seen Enterprises future and want to change it. They contacted the Xindi and told them that humans would destroy them."

hmm i supose that

This species has tech that can examine alternite timelines, they have seen enterprises future and they have seen Enterprises future and want to change it.

could mean that enterprise is a alternite timeline, i hope it does. It could also just mean that the aliens dont precive time the way we do. They saw the future, They saw the federation winning the battle and then they changed the past by making the Xindi attack earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by bizmark

IV said it before and ill say it again.....You’re a fanboy you can’t argue with fanboys because they won’t bleave ANYTHING you throw at them.
    Fan: Oh look the timeline is all ****ed up their must be a logical reason for this maybe it’s because as Daniels himself said enterprise is a alternive timeline therefore explaining the difference in both timelines BINGO!
    Fanboy : Eh so what enterprise is so L33T man big bangs and some tits **** the timeline!!!!
    Fan: er ok then but you do relies that one 3 year show doesn’t have the right to piss on 30 years of known Facts
    Fanboy: But the explosions man!! And the time war you got to love the time war!! + That akira is one sexy ship
    Fan : **** this :dunno:

i've been holding off on reply to this because 1) i was watching enterprise and 2) i'm suppressing a desire to wring you by the neck

i don't believe myself to be a "fanboy" as you call it, the only person here that typically mentions the sfx and explosions is you tbh, nor does anyone here go on about the tits, considering your stringent unbending opinion on all things trek i would consider you to be the fanboy, who believes the gospel according to gene roddenberry and heaven forbid the NX was never mentioned in TNG or something omfg.

now back to the heated discussion on alternative timelines.

the enterprise was in development for launch before anything to do with this temporal cold war started, so even if for some reason they are in an alternative timeline now, it couldn't have been originally.

now on alternative timelines themselves. i think of a time line rather like a potential energy minimum for example in a harmonic oscillator or a molecular bond or even a taut string, small disturbances to the bond or string which cause vibrations or ripples or oscillations or whatever but still the timeline/bond/string returns to its potential minimum on its true course.

whilst a large disturbance to the timeline/string/bond thus can cause alternative universes which are similar to ours but different, or the taut string can break or the molecule can dissociate anyway you get the analogy.

so any type of time travel causes changes, kirk going back to get the whales, sisko in the riots and gabriel bell, the doctor with his mobile emitter, picard and first contact nobody is complaining that how these may have effected the timeline.

so of course this whole temporal cold war thing is changing the time line creating alternative universes but the question is are they alternative enough for it to warrant significant changes in the 24th century we all know and love or not?

i for one don't mind to much its just a case of the 29th century and the others having affected a previous century which in turn effects the others, however the fact that daniels is still around shows that the federation is and that all is well and that the federation that we expect to form will form, the effect of the ripples into daniels timeline will tell.

Regards

Data

P.S this thread is becoming close to being locked

P.P.S i'm also close to banning the word akiraprise from this forum

believes the gospel according to gene roddenberry

You cant be a sci fi fan with out worshiping at the alter of roddenberry (good old stargate)

and you cant ban akiraprise its a warrented slur on the "design" of enterprise

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dataisgod

the enterprise was in development for launch before anything to do with this temporal cold war started, so even if for some reason they are in an alternative timeline now, it couldn't have been originally.

The Enteprise shouldent have lave launched when it did and may not have even launched with Archer as captin. The sulibon caused the enterprise to launch earley.

these are the ripples i'm talking about though, enterprise would always had archer as a captain he was destined for it etc. however it would not have launched them perhaps, the question is, is that ripple on the launch date important to what we know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

IV said it before and ill say it again.....You’re a fanboy you can’t argue with fanboys because they won’t bleave ANYTHING you throw at them

Seems to me like you're the one with the issues about Enterprise, more than anyone else posting. Dataisgod seems happy to watch the show & just enjoy it? Same here. Surely a 'fanboy' would be a lot more critical of all the breaches of canon?
    Again I'd say, I don't mind what the ship looks like as long as the plots are entertaining. I think it's ridiculous to say that because I don't wet myself over the technical specs of each ship that I can't enjoy Star Trek.
    Watching the show & allowing yourself to be entertained is actually more fun than nitpicking over every single detail.
    I stopped watching the show last season cos I didn't like the directionlessness of the whole thing. I started again because I was interested in the Xindi/Expanse arc. I like the show now because of it. *shrug* Can't really say anymore than that, nor do I plan to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by User45701
    The Enteprise shouldent have lave launched when it did and may not have even launched with Archer as captin. The sulibon caused the enterprise to launch earley.
    Bingo - NX-01 isn't mentioned in other series because it was scrapped, the possible reasons for which could make for a good story in themselves. Temporal cold war changed all the that.

Originally posted by DMT
    Bingo - NX-01 isn't mentioned in other series because it was scrapped, the possible reasons for which could make for a good story in themselves. Temporal cold war changed all the that.
    It's scrapped, replaced by the Daedalus, then 250 years later, Akira ship designer likes the look of old NX-01 design while looking through old blue prints, decides to copy the design....

• Advertisement

i don't think so, daniels eluded that archer was important for the formation of the federation, the nx launched in 2151, the federation was formed in 2161 so for archer to go out into the galaxy and have that kind of influence in some ship that hasn't probably is only on the drawing board i don't believe.

the nx wasn't scrapped it was launched with archer as captain as it was meant to be but just earlier for the reasons stated above

Ye come to think of it it probbley was scraped.

Originally posted by DMT
    It's scrapped, replaced by the Daedalus, then 250 years later, Akira ship designer likes the look of old NX-01 design while looking through old blue prints, decides to copy the design....

nah the daedulus didn't launch til 2161 its ship from after the federation

So what ships where used in the romulan war?

daedulus was always assumed to be a earth rommie war ship not a feddy ship but earth handed over the ships to the federation

Mind you thats all non cannon much like the date data is qutoing truth is no one knows where or when or if the daedulus is laucnhed :(

all those dates are from www.startrek.com good enough for me tbh

theres the link http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/ships/article/70364.html

i don't think so, daniels eluded that archer was important for the formation of the federation
    Perhaps Daniels is part of the alternate timeline too. Or perhaps Archer was instrumental in the formation of the Federation, but not as not as captain of the Enterprise, perhaps as captain of a different ship or not as a captain at all...

Well it may have been replaced by something else...

aye my point is though that i doubt they have a ship on the drawing board that could be upped and ready to launch and advanced enough for archer to go out and do what he is meant to do around the galaxy for the federation to be formed. i reckon it had to be the enterprise and we don't see daniels coming back and saying stuff like

this wasn't meant to happen, your commanding the wrong ship etc.

What's more worrying is that I remember a TNG episode where Dr Crusher says surgeons used face masks and gowns until the 2160's - that makes Phlox a dirty b4stard...

or a revolutionary?

or just coz he's denobulan

one wonders why they needed all the surgical crap in that episode about picards heart op

• Advertisement

A line from a review on treknation.com sums up "Azati Prime" brilliantly:
    "the rebels find the Death Star being built in an underwater city on Naboo, discover that a perfectly aimed shot will create a chain reaction that can destroy the station, and conclude it won't be much harder to bullseye than womp-rats back home."

Actually the Daedalus launched in 2158 according to www.ditl.org.
    So, real timeline:

2151: No Suliban to chase a Klingon to Earth. NX-01 isn't launched.
    2153: NX-01 scrapped for some reason .
    2154: Development begins on Daedalus.
    2158: Daedalus launched.

perhaps but i'd have to go with the star trek website over any other

Not really no web site is cannon not even the star trek one .....so just pick which is more convenent and use it

2158 works for me

indeed but the dilt also says the daedulous has fusion missles and lasers.

points on the daedulus aside there is no reason why the nx would be completely scrapped a new ship built from scratch in 2156 or so as the ditl says

Originally posted by DMT
    A line from a review on treknation.com sums up "Azati Prime" brilliantly:

"the rebels find the Death Star being built in an underwater city on Naboo, discover that a perfectly aimed shot will create a chain reaction that can destroy the station, and conclude it won't be much harder to bullseye than womp-rats back home."

Enough of this crap!
    OMG!

Ok so there is a super weapon that can destroy an entire planet..
    1.Make it a realstic size.
    2.Make it SMALL and have ppl bitch about "nothing that small can blow a entire planet"

Lets go with 1.

Ok what shape

1.Sphere = "its the death star" "blah blah blah blah blah"
    2.Cube = "Its a huge cube its borg" "blah blah blah blah blah"
    3.Cylinder = "ye ok made a ok idia but then it would look like the planet killer from TOS
    4.Diamond= Ye might work aswell but consturction time of complicated shapes is longer.

Ok now lets go with large sphere...

There is 1 TINY ship against a HUGE weapon. The tiny ship uses Xindi weaponry.
    Ways to do it.
    1.Have the ship spend about 6 days shooting at the HUGE weapon to try to blow it up , chipping away at it bit by bit.
    2.Have a week point "its the death star" "blah blah blah blah blah"

Ok now lets go with cube
    Ways to do it.
    1.Have the ship spend about 6 days shooting at the HUGE weapon to try to blow it up , chipping away at it bit by bit.

Ok now lets go with cylinder
    Ways to do it.

Ok seeing a problem here?
    Lets talk about SG1 Start of seris 7, i dont even know what ****ing shape anubis ship was but there was still this **** over a big ship that has a weekness "its the death star" "blah blah blah blah blah".

Seing a problem here?

STAR WARS DOES NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO HAVING A ****ING WEEKNESSS IN A ****ING SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS DOES NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO HAVING A ****ING WEEKNESSS IN A ****ING SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol :D

star wars eh, i think enterprise has more screen time this season then star wars has in total, sums it up for me

data

This season is HALF finished and it has 6 hours MORE screan time than Star Wars.

User45701 will sleap now and hopefully stop ****ting water.
    Damm food posining...... (thats why ive been loged in and posting all day long)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by User45701
    This season is HALF finished and it has 6 hours MORE screan time than Star Wars.

User45701 will sleap now and hopefully stop ****ting water.
    Damm food posining...... (thats why ive been loged in and posting all day long)

too much info, can i make a smart comment that you and bizmark have been posting shit all day as well, oh look i just have ;) off to bed myself

see ya's

data

Advertisement