Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobilefun.co.uk not taking Irish orders

Options
  • 03-03-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey

For anyone interested, www.mobilefun.co.uk arent taking any orders from Irish customers anymore, but I dont see this mentioned on the website anywhere though. Myself and others ordered from them quite a lot as they had one of the cheapest delivery rates going, and the phones tended to be a little cheaper than expansys etc.

I tried ordering a phone for a relative about 2 weeks ago, got an email confirmation, then heard nothing for a week, so I rang them and they said the order had been cancelled as their new company policy was NOT to accept orders from Irish companies.. nice. Hope this isnt a future trend for British companies. I didnt get an email or phone call about this, even though I asked them again when I called. The credit card better not get billed!

So having said that, which British site would you guys consider the best for ordering phones and accessories? Expansys.co.uk seems cheapish but with expensive delivery (but they want you to order from the expensive expansys.ie site) and I havent been able to find any other "reliable" looking websites. Any ideas?

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

that's unfortunate :(

is it only handset orders or all orders, just i ordered some accessories on monday last week and they were delivered on the wednesday

www.mphone.co.uk and www.livetelecom.com are two other UK sites i've ordered handsets from

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deniseb83

http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com

They sell phones brand new in box cheaper than in the shops, they also sell second hand phones.

They have a trade list of mobile phone accessories - eg chargers for all phones - 3 euro each, batteries for all phones from 8 euro. also car chargers, lcds, leather covers, keypads, etc

E-mail them at ****@o2.ie and ask them for their accessories trade price list.

Good thing about them aswell is they are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi deniseb83 - every post you've made in this forum has been in relation to promoting/mentioning this company - so it appears like advertising

advertising can be handeld on boards.ie by taking out a banner add or setting up a dedicated commercial forum

your post here was relevant so i'll leave it, the others weren't so they have been removed

p.s. the website was down - you might want to let them know...

thanks for understanding,
    BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

www.l8shop.net are good as well, ive used them a few times, shipping is cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

BrianG I was just thinking, maybe Mobilefun just wont take orders for Nokia handsets in particular? When I ordered Sony Ericsson handsets before Christmas it was fine. And they must still take orders for accessories because it was 2 weeks ago that the salesperson told me it was a month-old policy, so looks like it was just bad timing! :dunno:

mphone.co.uk looks like a good bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement