Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting form data to another frame ?

Options
  • 03-03-2004 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

i'm writing an application where the user must be able to

1. enter data in a left hand frame, click a submit button when ready
    2. the data entered (in a form) must be sent to a page in the right hand frame (asp page which processes the data)
    3. after submission the left hand frame must remain the same as it was originally (so user can enter new data)

the above is all very wordy, so to illustrate my question you can take a look at the simple example at the following link:
    http://www.thegalwaysky.com/starcheck/frame/

at present what you see at the above link is NOT working (as I dunno how to do it yet), what should happen is the string you enter on the left, when submitted, appears in the right hand frame, and the left hand frame reverts to the "enter string here" prompt

does anyone know if this is possible ? if i haven't explained the question well please let me know...

the (tiny~1KB) source code for the frameset at the above link can be downloaded for viewing at http://www.thegalwaysky.com/starcheck/frame/src.zip

any advice would be greatly appreciated,

slán,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Simply add

target=rightFrame to your form tag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

aha! thanks tomED, i was thinking it would be something trivial alright! the simple example is now working at the above link with the target="rightFrame" added to the form tag.

thanks again,
    jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

No bother!

Advertisement