Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom to be playable at E3

Options
  • 03-03-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"Just another reason to attend, really."

O yea, there's no way I'm not going now. :rolleyes:

They could all ask Infograms if the could borrow the “e3 is not real signs” from last year and replace the e3 with…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

don't know how new or old this article is, but Penny Arcade have an article titled "Phantom Impressions" at http://www.penny-arcade.com/phantom.php3 which talks about a presentation of the console at the International Game Developers Association

makes interesting reading...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Heh, even if the phantom is the best thing ever it'll still be totally useless to about 98% of the Irish population since most of us don't have broadband and the majority of those who do have caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by scoey
    Heh, even if the phantom is the best thing ever it'll still be totally useless to about 98% of the Irish population since most of us don't have broadband and the majority of those who do have caps.

true.

to me i think if the console does make it to the consumer, it's ahead of its time as i think most gamers still prefer to have a game stored on disc (i.e. DVD, CD) format then have it downloaded just to play it, which takes time to do, eats into your cap and thirdly as its stored on the console, can be a pain to have to download again if the console breaks down or somehow wipes the game from its storage.

apparently they want to charge a subscription fee and have advertising as well. for me, to pay a monthly fee to play games on a console and then have to put up with ads as well as paying huge broadband fees every month, is just not worth it, in my opinion.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by naitkris
    don't know how new or old this article is

A newer one... their plans for E3...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3

• Advertisement
Advertisement