Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physics mock

Options
  • 03-03-2004 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

help!!if any1 has any help on the physics mock paper it would be greatly appreciated!from the same company that had kingship in english.Plz help!tanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 catcon

no you dont know whats on it,or no ur just not gona help??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

whats in it for me i did it today its a nice chalenge but i defo failed.

u have got to help me!!im totaly screwed.I havent opened the book!+I no its my own fault, at least if I no whats coming up I'l learn something+some good will come out of this crazyness!

alrite cos i am happy at finishin mine today il tell ye,
    Q1: experiment to find 'g' using pendulum
    Q2: specific latent heat fusion of ice
    Q3: fundamental frequency of stretched string
    Q4: variation of potential difference of a wire
    Q5: normal jus have to learn a few definitions
    Q6: newtons 2nd law
    Q7: electricity question cant remeber!
    Q8: nuclear question cant remeber!
    Q9: cant remeber
    Q10: cant remember
    Q11: article on red shift answer questions
    Q12: cant remeber

• Advertisement

u r a lifesaver!ur my new best friend,call me every 5 mins!tanx aris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

ok, i didn;t read the stuff. All i read was the first one, then i realised it was a list of whats coming up.... but here's my opinion...

Idiots! Whats the point in doing a mock if you find out whats coming up? It makes it worthless then. I can but hope that you get a different one, and end up screwed because you studied only whats in that list.

I was actually in a position to read through all the mock papers (junior cert and leaving cert) at my leisure, and even make photocopies of them if i wanted, but i didn't. (Other than to check if glaciation was coming up in geography, as my teacher was going on about it for weeks.... and it was).

You may be thinking "well, he probably knows everything in physics, he's grand". But i cann tell you now, i am SCREWED in physics. I've been cramming for last 3 hours, and will go back to it soon. But i prefer cramming and getting a D1, than getting an A1 due to cheating.

f u read my 2nd post ul see why im getn dis info.im screwed anyhow+i aint fooling myself 4 june,i no im screwed.just want2pass the mock paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

There seems to be at least three versions of the physics mock going around - I had mine, saw another one from another school today, and now Healio and PrecariousNut's one. I was under the impression that there was only two companies making mocks this year, so only two variations. So whats up with that?

Originally posted by catcon
    u r a lifesaver!ur my new best friend,call me every 5 mins!tanx aris

ye giv me your number and il ring ye every two minutes

• Advertisement

Just had my Phyiscs mock today.

Its exactly the same as the one mentioned above.

I'd say i did well enough, but definately not A material, and knowing the teacher correcting the paper, i'll be getting about a C3 if i'm lucky.

At christmas i knew everything on the paper, and i mean everything. I walked out and i was able to answer everyone else's questions on how to do certain parts etc etc. And guess what, i got 54.6%!! It was a short test (only 112 marks), and he was a real bastard with graphs. I won;t go into great detail, but suffice it to say i got it checked by another teacher in my school (after i tip-exed out the previous markings) and i got 87% in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

At christmas i got a C in my physics which i was real happy with cos i cant add and maths has never been my thing (just dont ask why i picked it, i dont know) and my teacher decided she didnt like my homework during the year and rounded it off to an E. Grrrrrr.
    Which is why im happy the mock will be corrected by someone outside. Also it was hard and scary but the experiments were great (stretched string, latent heat of fusion of ice and resistance of wire w/temp)
    I done really bad at particle physics though.
    Damn those positrons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt me

:confused: none of thossse papers are like the one we are supposed to have....
    This is my last mock exam:D and i have not even cheated once.......
    i am just screwed cause i get B in every physic exam by studying really hard and avoiding anything slighty maths........
    so if your english paper was the one with a picture of friend and a priest please tell me wats on paper.......
    i am literally on my knees:dunno: :confused:

the mock paper above is what i got and i had the friends + priest paper. I thought the paper was horrible. The only thing i got right were the experiments..at least i hope i did. Anyway its all over now!!Wuhu-except its not really over is it?! Its only the beginning!!

Bah - no need to worry about the lil LC thing untill like May, just take it easy until then

• Site Banned Posts: 2 ping the first

has anyone got anymore info on the physics mock?or does anyone no if ders a different physics mock going round?i badly need2find out cos im ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

I didnt do physics for my leaving cert. I didnt particularly like the science subjects. Or Maths too much for that matter.
    However, im looking into doing a Building surveying degree , and theres a bit of physics in the course. Would it be relavtively easy to pick it up?

Just thought a few of ye ppl here might be able to advise me.
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Get the graphs right, every little detail.
    Make sure you do, I havea friend who was screwd out of about 10% because his graphs weren't perfect, don't let it happen to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by catcon
    u have got to help me!!im totaly screwed.I havent opened the book!+I no its my own fault, at least if I no whats coming up I'l learn something+some good will come out of this crazyness!

Interesting!

"im totaly screwed.Ihaven't opened the book!+I no its my own fault, at least if I no whats coming up I'l learn something"

So, you'll only learn if you know whats coming up? This strategy will stand you in VERY good stead when the real exam comes around in June!

Oh and the best one of all is "u have got to help me!!"

WHY?

You lazy little sod!!!!! Open a goddamn book and do some work for a change rather than coming in here and pleading for others to help you.

Oh, and by the way, you need to learn some English as well - both your spelling and grammar are atrocious!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Still hanging out with the kids eh Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

heh. in my school only one 6th year passed his physics mock. he got 40% :dunno:
    the teacher i have this year is no better than the one in the year ahead...the only consolation i have is that this year my school does an applied maths course and the people doing that are taught properly and help to explain physics to the rest of us.

i can't wait to invest in expensive grinds for 6th year -_-

Originally posted by passive
    the only consolation i have is that this year my school does an applied maths course and the people doing that are taught properly and help to explain physics to the rest of us.

Wel yeah, you'll be sound for mechanics - but there's no overlap between applied and oprics, electricity, atomic, etc. The overlap thing is alot less than what most people say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Originally posted by passive
    heh. in my school only one 6th year passed his physics mock. he got 40% :dunno:
    the teacher i have this year is no better than the one in the year ahead...the only consolation i have is that this year my school does an applied maths course and the people doing that are taught properly and help to explain physics to the rest of us.

i can't wait to invest in expensive grinds for 6th year -_-

haha! 91% in my mock, aww right

if only one of you passed, you shoul all drop to pass right now, and if you were failing pass, drop physics altogether.

I got 64% in my test, which i was pretty disappointed with, but my teacher is known to be a bitch for marking. If your estimate from your graph is different from his estimate from his graph, you get 0 or 3 marks.... whatever is the least he can give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

The mocks are NO indication of how well you will do in the LC. Theyre either marked by your own teachers (who are too cheap to send em away) and are therefore biased or by cynical undergraduates who are looking for the money for to buy cheap drink and piss away their degrees. Ours came back marked so badly last year that when our teacher remarked them, people who had failed got Bs (about the highest youll get in a pre) and vice versa. Just luse the pres to practice sitting the exams and answering qs & dont give a **** about the results.

Im doin Physics in college now anyway so the strategy worked for me. (that and cramming come late may)

Advertisement