Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver upgrade

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hmmm, The site loads up okay for me, but in the iframes it says file not found (as per previous screenshot). The Proxy fixes it, never had a problem posting to boards without the proxy though.

Just tried experimenting without a proxy - trying www.guardian.co.uk loads
    much slower without the proxy and graphics and certain parts of the page
    will not load - thats in IE. In netscape it takes ages to download and also
    without the graphics.

On an imac without the proxy Safari will not connect to the net at all!

Re-enable the proxy and there's no problem.

Both pc and imac are using the same router/modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by dub45
    Just tried experimenting without a proxy - trying www.guardian.co.uk loads
    much slower without the proxy and graphics and certain parts of the page
    will not load - thats in IE. In netscape it takes ages to download and also
    without the graphics.
    :confused: Funny! The guardian worked fine for me both with and without the proxy?

Funny! The guardian worked fine for me both with and without the proxy?

Tis all very strange indeed!:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Amazing, everything seems to be working now, and I haven't changed any settings.....

What have UTV done?.

Bye bye proxy (fingers crossed.....)

By the way,
    Only if you can't figure out how to set your browser up properly.

I suggest you read some of the extensive posts on this subject, I know how to set my router up and as far as I know, you can't configure a router to overcome a problem on the provider side. Then again maybe i'm wrong, and if you can tell us how, that'd be a lot more useful that smart comments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ArthurG
    I suggest you read some of the extensive posts on this subject, I know how to set my router up and as far as I know, you can't configure a router to overcome a problem on the provider side. Then again maybe i'm wrong, and if you can tell us how, that'd be a lot more useful that smart comments like this.
    Believe me, I've read every single one of them. Actually read them, so that I don't respond to suggestions about configuraing browsers with a reference to setting up routers. But I still haven't seen a single post with the results of a traceroute, or with information indicating the presence of a transparent proxy (though I understand that this is the most likely cause of the problem).

My reference to setting up your broswer properly was a reference to setting proxy excludes, so that you can access your router without disabling the proxy. It won't help with the router that manages a blacklist, but I'd be sort of suprised if that router didn't support an explicit proxy chain (but as the person with that problem didn't bother to actually post any details of the router involved, he's still in the dark).

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ripwave
    but as the person with that problem didn't bother to actually post any details of the router involved, he's still in the dark).

I dont recall anyone saying they had a problem with their router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Leave him be Dub45, I reckon he's just a kid with ADD, if you ignore it long enough, he's bound to go away......

Advertisement