Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI 2 ALL

Options
  • 25-02-2001 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

just a line to say hi.....

? i am thinking of getting a ISDN line in my home is it any good i know its faster ??

been seen you around

PS any good servers with irish players smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

A simple scale.

Modem = Crap.
    ISDN = Good.
    Cable = Better.
    T1 = Bloody LPB stewdawnts.
    LAN = Only way to play really.

Cable is out of the question to us poor saps in Galway, and the T1 line is only if you can get into college in GMIT or UCG. So ISDN is still yer best bet.

There's a fair few Galwegian Quake players, we should organise a LAN.....

Q1 Irish servers:

vishnu.ign.ie
    slosh.ign.ie

Q3 Irish servers:
    games1.iol.ie
    vishnu.ign.ie

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Funny you should say that Jaden, a member of the NUIG compsoc informally asked me about running a LAN tourney at some stage...

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<nitpick> colleges use an E1 not a T1</nitpick>
    DCU, UCD, TCD and UL have a 10Mbps ATM connection which is just slightly better again smile.gif

Advertisement