Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know how much I've been downloading on Netsource?

• 03-03-2004 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at the various new packages on offer, and as part of my considerations, I need to know if I've been downloading more than 8gb/month with my current provider, Netsource. I don't have a download meter or anything installed.

Is there any way to find out the exact amounts I have downloaded over the past few months? Will Netsource be able to tell me if I ring them?

Thanks,

Robbie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Netsource dont have a meter to show how much you are downloading monthly despite having a cap, thats pretty stupid. As for them haveing historical details I really dont think so, but ot wouldnt hurt to bang off an email or phone them

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Dont email...ring them!!!

you can ask them what ur average was for last few mts and they will tell u if ur in danger of being throttled...only worry if ur really pulling the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

8gb Cap ?
    Surely you must be mistaken, mine is 16gb before the latest pending offers.

Use a download meter to measure your gigs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Thanks guys, I'll give em a tinkle in the morning.
    8gb Cap ?
    Surely you must be mistaken, mine is 16gb before the latest pending offers.
    Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well. What I was getting at is that if I'm using way less than 8gb/month, it would be worth my while moving to UTV/Esat. If its between 8 and 16 (I presume I haven't gone over cos I haven't been contacted), I might be worthwhile staying. Depends on what I've been doing for the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

im ringing tomorrow also....r.e. the new supposed prices!!! If im not happy i will be jumping ship also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Jump ship time.

The soho is still the soho except with the forced upgrade from eircom to 24:1 content.

NS seemed to only have looked at eircoms package and thought their 16gb a month transfer limit was cool and would keep everyone with them

Advertisement