Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol BB crawling

• 03-03-2004 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

iol BB crawling , it's totally unusable since this morning, did someone dig up my cable outside my house or are other users having the same problem.

I am connected now thru my old phone connection arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah... my has been the same all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm living in limerick, where are you ???

:mad:

I'll be ringing them in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

same here in clare and i thiught it might be my browser, maybe we've been moved to that new service with 48!1 contention!!!

gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Man, Im getting BB here in Clare and I hope its not unstable..argh!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Clicksilver users appear to have had similar problems today oh and you are on 48:! contention already!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Yep, looks like problems down south.

UTV Clicksilver for me (Limerick) & back on dialup now :( Broadband my backside.

Of course, it doesn't help being told it's a firewall issue my end by UTV support. They've apparently told another Clicksilver customer in Limerick he's having USB issues :eek:

Getting used to regular downtime now though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yup like been on the ol 56k again. In Kildare :( with esat. lots of spikage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keyser Soze

Customer Notification 3rd March 2004

NETWORK FAULT

There is a fault within the network, which is potentially affecting all Business Broadband customers whose service is provided through a system in Limerick. Customers affected will have experienced slow to 'non-existent' Internet services starting today. The problem is currently being worked on by Eircom Technical Staff, who are diagnosing the problem. As a result we are not in a position to advise when the fault is likely to be resolved. Please be assured that the issue has been escalated to the highest levels. We will also advise further when we have more information to hand.

Please accept our apologies for the outage - we will do all we can to have your service restored.
    Customers affected by this fault are likely to be on the following local Exchanges:

NAAS, PORTLAOISE, ATHY, CARLOW, CASTLETROY, DOORADOYLE, LIMERICK, SHANNON TOWN, SHANNON AIRPORT, KILLARNEY, ENNIS, TRALEE, LISTOWEL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Would that affect connections to leased lines also? I'm getting terrible speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

No problems in the midlands, Longford area. Been downloading pretty much all day. Good speeds. Playing online games too... No issues here..

Xcellor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Wow would u belive that, ive been on the net all day dloading A torrent file at 8kbs a sec and I thought it was just a bad seed. Heh, Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Limerick IOL broad band here, just noticing now my dload speeds from Microsoft are 15kbs which is terrible, usually the norm 52kbs there abouts.

That also makes sense because I was downloading of a friend of mine aswell today and it was taking for ever and I just took no notice.. Heh.. wierd.

Anyways this thing better get sorted.. not good, no no, not good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 giolla

Yeah its mental in Newbridge too. I thought it was just my crappy computer or something. Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Its probably got something to do with Eircom setting up all these new Bundles and Dsl Products that have come out in the last few days for each of the 3rd party companies, or just that IOL and UTV (seem always to have the same problems at the same times) are just experiencing some problems with setting up the new packages and stuff them selfs. I.e Increasing the Cap on the currnet customers and reducing there Connection Ratios, and all will be fixed by tomorrow for the better.

One hopes of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by MR DAZ
    Yeah... my has been the same all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm living in limerick, where are you ???

:mad:

I'll be ringing them in the morning

Same here!!!!!...also in Limerick. It's completely useless, pages take hours to load and i can't download anything.

It was fine up until Tuesday night as and as the night progressed it all went pear shaped.

Please somebody help us and explain what's going on?????

:mad: :(:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

It seems to be fixed now!!

Is it back working for everyone else????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by MR DAZ
    It seems to be fixed now!!

Is it back working for everyone else????????

Fixed here too, made loads of calls and gave out stink. The problem was with the Roaches St. exchange and the BAS, they resolved the problem after it was brought to their attention Wednesday afternoon.

Download sppeds at optimal 54K downstream... :D

Advertisement