Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happend to Challenge-IE?

Options
  • 28-02-2001 4:10am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Its still there mate. It just not being updated. Like most quake related stuff, effort was being put in by only a few people and it takes more than 2 people to keep a news site going.

Tom/Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

For a while I was very active on CH-IE and the Challenge Network in general. I found it very difficult to make physical changes to the backend or graphical frontend without alot of hastle. Along came the oppertunity for me to revive Quake.ie and did so.

At the start of both q.ie and ch-ie I found it difficult to give time to both and stayed with Q.ie. I do feel that it is duplicating resources on both sites and would love to see them work as one site as it would make sence.

Quake.ie was around long before CH-IE and even before the Challenge-AU (the first of the challenge network sites) and it will (imho) the center point for Irish Quake. Or at least I'll try my best to keep it up there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Well then, is it going to be shut down or are you going to combine them or what? It (ping)pongs of staleness. Anyway I'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

as it turned out it was eaten up by me

Daddy or chips?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

gawdd-daimm mutants

• Advertisement
Advertisement