Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom and the new caps

• 03-03-2004 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

what happens when i or anyone go over the small 8gb cap on the new home plus
    will the ppl that do go over do you think this time they will have to pay for going over the cap of 8gb ..i know if i do go over lets say i download 9.5gb and i not planning to but if i do ......and if i have to pay for going over ... iam off to a new isp ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by KILLER.BEE
    if i do ......and if i have to pay for going over ... iam off to a new isp ..
    Never forget who owns your phone line. If you tell Eircom to stick their bill, they'd most likely disconnect you. Gonna be very hard getting DSL from another ISP without a phone line. If they ever do charge you, you will have to pay, and buy your way out of the contract if you want to switch ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

isn't it 3 cent per extra MB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    isn't it 3 cent per extra MB?

I think its 3.6 cent per MB if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

But do people get charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

sure eircom know that UTV and most other ISP have change the caps to 16gb for the same price if not less then eircom ..so i ask can eircom let there users go pass that 8gb or risk losing them to a another isp over the cap ? as for paying eircom to change to utv or other .150euros thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement